Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 B model that recently had an SE tuner and thunderheader exhaust installed. Since this I have to "baby" it while its cold. If I get into the throttle it will hesitate, pop/crackle, until I let off the throttle. After about 20 minutes of riding it seems to dimenish. I have an appointment on the Dyno at my dealer on 7/13 (at N/C), but, wanted to get some insight... I have read some of the posts on EFI and how it works.... Am I correct in assuming this can be tuned out???? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
279 Posts
It sounds like your running very lean.. BUT you could be running real rich.. Any smoke?

Which SE tuner do you have RaceTuner OR RaceFueler OR just the SE download? If its the SE download, have them put back the stock flash and get one of the other two. If you have to hook your computer up then you have the RaceTuner, If you have to set dials on a little box under your air cover then its the racefueler...

All will add fuel and most rill remove fuel; Flash is dealerSet, Fueler is adjustable based on RPM ranges and Tuner is set via micro RPM ranges (you define).

Dyno should solve your issues.. MAKE SURE you do a test run before you leave... I know many that have had bad tunes..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks mikelebron....It is the Racetuner. I have it (and have to remember to take it with me on Friday!). No I don't see any smoke and no piercing odor. Glad to hear its tune-able. Yes I will test run it to see if my loading shows any difference before I head home.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mikelebron, You where right....had it on the dyno yesterday and the tech adjusted the map. Appears when they installed the racetuner originally it wasn't run on the dyno. I guess they just put in a standard map. The tech had to deviate it a little. After the tune it gained 2.7 hp and 1.5 ft-lbs of torque at 111.72/76.04. Thanks for your insight on this!

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
mikelebron said:
...If its the SE download, have them put back the stock flash and get one of the other two. ...
Why do you have to remove the stage 1 flash? I have the Stage 1 Flash with the Screamin' Eagle Slip-ons and Gil's fuel box. Since the Flash is no longer sold by H-D, I hate to lose it in case I go back to the Screamin' Eagle pipes. Can't a new tune, with the CFlll or Twin Tec, etc. just take into account the extra fuel the the Flash provides? Wouldn't the dyno run fine tune compensate for the difference?

·
The Hawk
3,785 Posts
You only need to remove the SE flash if you are running the Race Tuner. There was an issue with the Race Tuner software and the SE flash giving some untunable spots in the powerband. If you go back to the stock flash and then load the Race Tuner the issue goes away. With your Gils box you are OK and can run it as is with the flash.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts