Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok need to find the ground off the coil. I've checked the wiring diagram in the manual but my expertise in this area is limited. Don't know if both coils go to one ground or not. Trying to figure out what color is positive and what is negative. Considering there are 3 wires my brain got all twisted. Can any one help?

·
Registered
199 Posts
only wire from each coil that that is common connection is y/gn ..yellow green...going to purge solenoid ...injectors and system relay and 15 amp fuse for fuel pump....don't know if that helps....

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the coils are powered by the yellow green wire and that is the only common wire.. the grounds are supplied by the ecm with seperate wires to each coil to trigger the spark.. the third wire is the ion sense and there is a seperate one for each coil going to the ecm to detect detonation.. i don`t have the wiring diagram in front of me and i don`t remember the exact color codes on the wires..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.