Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Damn, Lil - as a certifiable caffeine addict who rides to work... in an open-face helmet... that's almost tempting!! I can't believe I'm even thinking that.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Damn, Lil - as a certifiable caffeine addict who rides to work... in an open-face helmet... that's almost tempting!! I can't believe I'm even thinking that.
:rofl:
It can go with the windvest.
(Figured I'd say it before...)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
:rofl:
It can go with the windvest.
(Figured I'd say it before...)
Actually, I ordered the Rifle today... and found out it's backordered to the end of Sept :( Wndvest was a distant second choice.

Yeah - for the trips I have planned, a coffee holder IS tempting! I'm looking at between 4-5k miles in less than 3 weeks - including at least one ironbutt day. Hmmm...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
If you can figgure out how to keep a cigarette lit on the V-Rod, this 5 gallon gas tank may not seem like such torture anymore ;)

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Dang, it just doesn't look like it will work. I had one something like that, which jumped right out of the ring and nearly beheaded a friend riding behind.

I've ended up with an HD thermos mug in a cush, jammed into a RAM cupholder attached to my handlebar, with a straw sticking out of the slot in the top of the mug to reduce the amount of splashing and spillage. That dam thing STAYS now.

And, yes, it only works with my HH or 3/4 when the visor is working. Did I mention that the hinge mechanism on my Arai 3/4 BROKE on this summer's trip, also on the Friday the 13th (the same day as my accident), so I had to ride home from the top of Newfoundland to PA with it duct-taped closed having SERIOUS claustrophobia??????

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steppenwolf said:
Actually, I ordered the Rifle today... and found out it's backordered to the end of Sept :( Wndvest was a distant second choice.

Yeah - for the trips I have planned, a coffee holder IS tempting! I'm looking at between 4-5k miles in less than 3 weeks - including at least one ironbutt day. Hmmm...
Well, I'm glad you are doing something to help yourself.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
rjrivero said:
If you can figgure out how to keep a cigarette lit on the V-Rod, this 5 gallon gas tank may not seem like such torture anymore ;)
That's the justification I am using not to get the 5 gal tank!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
rjrivero said:
Ditch the smokes... opt for chewing tobacco instead! As a bonus, you can spit nasty brown spooge at cars that piss you off...

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
Ditch the smokes... opt for chewing tobacco instead! As a bonus, you can spit nasty brown spooge at cars that piss you off...
You got dat right!

Anyway, on cool mornings coffee is a good excuse for a break, also it's a good excuse to pee.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
My dad has that exact unit--picked it up at Sturgis last year--on his sportster. He absolutely loves it. Never had a problem with the cup popping out, but it sits behind his windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I have the RAM mount cup holder. Those RAM mounts are handy little buggers because you can take things off when you're not using them. BTW - they have the mounts in Chrome, but alas, the cup holder is only available in black.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
LiquidSilver said:
I have the RAM mount cup holder. Those RAM mounts are handy little buggers because you can take things off when you're not using them. BTW - they have the mounts in Chrome, but alas, the cup holder is only available in black.
So true -- I also got the iPod mount, which also works with my XM-2-go, and there's also an attachment I coulda gotten to let me mount my laptop to the same thing. ROFLMAO!

(why am I not SLEEPING?)

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sburke91 said:
My dad has that exact unit--picked it up at Sturgis last year--on his sportster. He absolutely loves it. Never had a problem with the cup popping out, but it sits behind his windshield.
If you get the chance, would you mind posting a pic here for us?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts