Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a long ride over the weekend. After a gas stop the bike slowly started to develop a skip that slowly got worse. Also hit some road construction and had to wait for the water truck (bike went from black to brown). Ran it hard to burn up as much gas as possible, and put in 3.5 gallons at a reputable station and hoped for the best. Problem did not go away completely but did seem to run better. Put some sea foam in it the next day and washed it. (may of gotten something wet)
This morning it would not idle at all, and the check engine light came on. Tonight I drained all the gas and added 5 gallons of fresh 93 and more sea foam. It ran rough at first but cleared after a little bit, and seems to run better.
Now I get code P0122 Current TP sensor open/low 4.23 DTC P0122, P0123 and PN 68921-07 and pn 32915-07 scroll across the odometer. What are some suggestions on what to check and I do have the service manual.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
... Now I get code P0122 Current TP sensor open/low 4.23 DTC P0122, P0123 and PN 68921-07 and pn 32915-07 scroll across the odometer. What are some suggestions on what to check and I do have the service manual.
From your profile I see you have a Thundermax. I only know how codes behave with the HD ECM so I would suggest you check with Zippers or post your question in the Thundermax subforum.

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tmax diagnostics says no codes present.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Tmax diagnostics says no codes present.
I would guess that means your codes were due to an intermittent problem but I’m not familiar with how the Thundermax sets DTCs so I don’t know what you should be looking for.

The HD (Delphi) ECM would rarely set both the P0122 and the P0123 DTCs without setting other codes involving components that use the 5V sensor power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts