Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sinner
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went riding with the Vagina boys two weeks ago and I noticed that after the bike got all nice and warm, about 20 miles, I started to stall out when at idle. Anyway, it's always been a bit finicky since installing the PCIII, but no codes. So, I went for a ride today and as soon as I'd back off the throttle--it would stall. Let me tell ya, in such a case, you better be F'n be ready to hit the clutch. Got back to the house and checked the codes and I have myself a P0505 Current Loss of idle speed control 4.17 IDLE AIR CONTROL. Anyway, the word in most of the posts is condesation on the PCIII connector. Well, it's summer, been garaged, not washed or driven in the rain so I don't think it's water. I also pulled a C-6107 code. One guy mentioned the same code after a PCIII install back in 2004, but no one replied to him. What's up? I need help.

I did have raccoon paw prints all over my freakin bike when I went out to the garage though. I was pissed about that, but this whole stall thing has me down more.

Tex:guns

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
I haven't heard of any VRSC codes that start with "C" or numbers bigger than "1654".

The P0505 code could be a bad connector even if it isn't wet. Try clearing codes, removing PCIII, and running bike to see if codes reappear.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
On the 505... check your throttle cable. The way I understand it, the ECM can only control if you're within a certain range of setpoint. A sloppy throttle cable can put you outside of the control band.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts