Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new Jug Hugger exhaust and then installed the Cobra Fi2000R fuel mgmt tuner. I know that all the wires are installed correctly and the ground is also installed correctly. I turn the ignition to the on position and LED lights on the Fi2000R are suppose to light but...they don't. I unplugged everything and re-installed all wires again and they are correct. Still no LED lights.:banghead: Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix. I thought I'd try this forum first before calling Cobra. Thanks!

Edit: Stupid me...It turned out that I didn't have my "run" button turned on. Thought I just needed the key in the "on" position. It's good now. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's working well. I lost a little low end power when I put the Jug Hugger pipes on. But I haven't adjusted the cobra tuner yet to add a little power on the low end. I lost power hasn't been a big deal to me because the V-Rod has a lot of power anyway. :) I absolutely LOVE the sound of the Jug Huggers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
u know i have lost low end power also with my tab slip on(baffled) and i tuned the pots to 5,8,3 and im still feeling alittle hesitation around 3500 to 4000 rpms in every gear its become fustrating. have u heard of anyone else using the fi2000 module also?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Everyone, I just bought the FI2000R for my bike, it is a VRSCAW 2007, but as I live in BR I sent this to a friend of mine and he will only be here in october.

After the install I will keep you posted, and as my gas here is totally diferent from yours(poor gas) with 22% ethanol, I just know that my settings will be very different from yours.

I will be topless and with stock exhaust for a while. I guess that I will try just to start something like 3/3/3 or 4/4/4 ... as the default settings is 2/2/2 and I know that will not work for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi guys, my cobra arrived last week and I am very happy with it! It is like I just bought a new bike!

Today I changed the pots a little and put it in 3/4/4.5 - Let me explain why: My bike is a vrscaw 2007, topless, SE Air Filter and defaul exhaust. In the Cobra manual it says that the default setting would be 2/2/2, but in the 2008 manual it says that with top airbox removed and another exhaust would be 1.5/4/5.

Ok, but I live in Brazil and my Gas has 22% of alcohol(awful I know), so It changes everything. I am doing blind settings here, but I have no idea what would be perfect for me.

But Cobra is a great product for what I wanted, just run fine and AirFilter and later exhaust. It is very easy to adjust and my bike is smoother and even colder!!!

Well, do you guys think that I need a dyno run for an accurate setup? Do you have any idea what would be a better setting for me? Anyway I will keep trying here and if I get any news I keep you posted.

Thanks a lot!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Ok, but I live in Brazil and my Gas has 22% of alcohol(awful I know), so It changes everything. I am doing blind settings here, but I have no idea what would be perfect for me.

But Cobra is a great product for what I wanted, just run fine and AirFilter and later exhaust. It is very easy to adjust and my bike is smoother and even colder!!!

Well, do you guys think that I need a dyno run for an accurate setup? Do you have any idea what would be a better setting for me? Anyway I will keep trying here and if I get any news I keep you posted.
Thanks a lot!
the Brazilian ethanol (alcohol) is right on par with mid level octane gasoline. In the states our ethanol is made from corn which produces crappy power, in Brazil it's made from sugar cane and is far superior to the States version.

·
Registered
52 Posts
AOW, that is true but because of the owners of the gas stations we have the crap gas I am telling... they put more ethanol than the law accepts, sometimes 30% and they add water sometimes to get more profit.

So your gas has 10% of ethanol and your gas is cleaner than ours... You have to see how our bikes get really hot here...

A friend of mine that has a NightRod Special with SEPST told me that he had to get a US map, and just for start had to richen the map in 12%. He told me that the map was 8% richer than the stock map, so for our bikes here we have to richen it 15% to 20%... something like that.

I just don't know how to do it(rich it 12%) in the COBRAS as it works with the 3 pots.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed a new Jug Hugger exhaust and then installed the Cobra Fi2000R fuel mgmt tuner. I know that all the wires are installed correctly and the ground is also installed correctly. I turn the ignition to the on position and LED lights on the Fi2000R are suppose to light but...they don't. I unplugged everything and re-installed all wires again and they are correct. Still no LED lights.:banghead: Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix. I thought I'd try this forum first before calling Cobra. Thanks!

Edit: Stupid me...It turned out that I didn't have my "run" button turned on. Thought I just needed the key in the "on" position. It's good now. :)
Hey Gilly,
Hows that Cobra Tuner doing?

I have an '09 dx!

I just ordered an Fi2000R o2 Cobra myself...Hope I didn't make a mistake..

Later a CFR Muffler..maybe?

Should have talked to you first, but didn't think to research here..just joined!

·
Robin Hood
15 Posts
Have a 2012 V-Rod. installed the Cobra Fi2000r Fuel Processor after installing Bassani 2 to 1 pipes. After startup all LEDs stay lit. Anyone else experience this...? Went through all the connections and everything looks correct. Bike fires up with no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts