Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a set of v lux pipesfor a year sitting in the box due to lack of funds for a fuel tuner. Now that I have the cash for a tuner I was thinking about getting them ceramic coated and was just looking for any suggestion for an good place to start- I live in southern ohio where it seems it will never quit snowing so Im not in any rush.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm also interested... I would think Jet Hot Coatings would be a good place to start..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Contact Denny at Big Boy Powder Coating at 814-441-0272. He does all my powder coating but I haven't done any ceramic. He says he does it though...

Tell him Keith sent ya..

-Keith

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Hot Shot Performance Coatings in Davie, Florida.

Tell him Rick Stern sent ya. Make sure, whoever you use, you specify a TWO STAGE coating with a HighTemp base coat, followed by black (or whatever color you're going with). Single coating ceramic just doesn't seem to cut it on bike pipes (thinner walled than your average car header pipes).

This guy has been doing my work for years, including the full exhaust for my Corvette, and all my bike pipes.

Last go around, we did all the heat shields, the V&H Widows, header and collector - so everything matches. He even re-did a couple of the heat shields and one of the mufflers because we didn't like the way it looked.

On most car applications it's not that important (unless it's a show car), but on bikes everything shows, so looks count...

Rick

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used Jet Hot. The price is very good and so is the coating.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts