Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a black sidemount without LEDs for sale. This is both horizontal and vertical mount. It has a countersink for the shock bolt (you will still need one that is at least 1/4" longer than stock). It also uses all stainless steel bolts. I am getting it back from the powder coater tomorrow (9-13) so it is available for instant shipping.

Here are some pics:

$95 shipped to CONUS.

Thanks - Keith

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
400 Posts
What are the dimensions of the plate it will take? Will you ship it to the UK? if so, i'll take it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the dimensions of the plate it will take? Will you ship it to the UK? if so, i'll take it.
It doesn't fit a UK plate as the plates in the UK are bigger and secure in the middle with 2 bolts. I do have a design for the UK plate that is the same mount with just a baseplate (no face plate). You would then put the plate on top of the baseplate and drill the holes for the plate (was told that they can be in different places) and mount the plate to the top. The baseplate is just slightly smaller than the plate so there is just a little hangover on all sides. The nice part is since there isn't a faceplate it is cheaper. It would be $80 shipped to the UK. I could cut it in a day and it would take 3-4 days to get it powdered.

I can do one with a faceplate but I would need the exact dimensions of the plate and a pic. I would then send you a pic that you could print out and hold against the plate to make sure it is right. The price would start at $115 shipped and unless it was crazy would stay there.

Thanks - Keith

·
Registered
400 Posts
It doesn't fit a UK plate as the plates in the UK are bigger and secure in the middle with 2 bolts. I do have a design for the UK plate that is the same mount with just a baseplate (no face plate). You would then put the plate on top of the baseplate and drill the holes for the plate (was told that they can be in different places) and mount the plate to the top. The baseplate is just slightly smaller than the plate so there is just a little hangover on all sides. The nice part is since there isn't a faceplate it is cheaper. It would be $80 shipped to the UK. I could cut it in a day and it would take 3-4 days to get it powdered.

I can do one with a faceplate but I would need the exact dimensions of the plate and a pic. I would then send you a pic that you could print out and hold against the plate to make sure it is right. The price would start at $115 shipped and unless it was crazy would stay there.

Thanks - Keith
Hi Keith, I prefer the look with the faceplate as the UK plates look shite. Can you do a 7" x 6.5" (178mm x 165mm) with a faceplate?

Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
962 Posts
sorry was meant to take some photos of the Uk style Killerrod sent to me but have been really busy and working away again this week, i did take some with my phone but they came out crap !

i agree the faceplate ones look better but our UK police force do not agree so did not want to spend money on this only to remove again !

good quality stuff tho !

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Keith, I prefer the look with the faceplate as the UK plates look shite. Can you do a 7" x 6.5" (178mm x 165mm) with a faceplate?

Thanks, Ben
I sure can. Can you PM me your email address and I will do the design today and send it to you so you can approve it. I can get it cut in 1 day and if you want it powdered it takes 2-4 days additional.

-Keith

·
Registered
174 Posts
Patent

:eek:fftopic:You better get a patent on these or someone from Ebay will steal it and start selling them with a huge mark up then threaten you with a law suit to stop selling them here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
German plate

Can you make me one for my German plate without a faceplate or add the faceplate and I won't use it till I go back to the states. Is this possible?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I would be pissed! But I really don't sell enough of them to justify spending the money on a patent. The thing that I find funny is there is a guy selling sidemounts on ebay that he buys a $35 plate cover with an led in it, cuts the base and mount and sells it for $150-200! Wow that's awesome!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you make me one for my German plate without a faceplate or add the faceplate and I won't use it till I go back to the states. Is this possible?
Yeah email me the dimensions at [email protected] and I will look at it. The thing is that the plate you have now is WAY bigger than the US plates...

-Keith

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll measure it tonight and send it. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The other thing is make sure that it will fit with the bags and your lowering kit...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well good luck. As I need leds and the longer bolt. If it came with that stuff I would jump on it, but seeing it doesn't going to have to keep looking.

Thanks again
I actually have an LED version, but the price is $135 shipped. It is the thinnest led plate on the market.

-keith

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 44 Posts