Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody need a set of these heads? I won them back in the day at the KC rally. Been sitting in my closet doing nothing and if some body needs a set lets talk. I know this is my first post on this new forum but I made all but one rally to KC (Last one) back in the day and was member 153 I think on the old forum. Hey Max you still around this is John B.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Forum rules
Your sale ad should include a price. This is not an auction house. Also sent you a pm earlier

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forum rules
Your sale ad should include a price. This is not an auction house. Also sent you a pm earlier
Yea I tried to respond to you pm but it came back to me. I'll see if I can figure it out and talk to you. I was hoping someone would tell me a high to low price and I could price it somewhere in the middle. I truly don't know what to ask and guess I should have figured that out before posting. Sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea Just lock or delete this conversation. I have no idea what to ask and will just take them to my local dealer and let them sell them for me. Sorry to have violated the rules JJrod.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Those are the 1250 cc heads . I had a couple sets of them as they were giving them away about 10 years ago at the dealerships..

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
yea, I have a new set for my new engine - they are CNC Ported heads prior to the newer sand cast copies. They can be used on 1130cc but like Stomper says they were designed for the 1250cc engine - I've got $ 600 for both if you want to move them I bought my other set from a H-D dealership where they sat on the shelf for 12 years so the Harley shop will be the last person on the planet to sell them for you. To them everything for the V Rod is Obsolete.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Like streetrodracer said -- the current batch of 1250cc heads from 2008 and up are pretty well the same head as these CNC ported heads that you have.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,437 Posts
Ive got a set of ported heads (+1mm). Picked them up as a package deal but ended up going bigger for my 1487 build. Now they're just taking up space.
ill get them shipped inside the COUS for $800 if anyone's interested.

Original Post
Who did the work on the heads?

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
Dimebag what + 1MM valves are installed Ferrea single locks ? What year / p/n are the heads how much use before the mod and who did the work ? Thanks !

·
Registered
368 Posts
So honestly I don't know much about the heads, just the discussion with the previous owner. I was after the 1/4 stroke falicon crank for my VRSCX build and he wouldn't part with the crank alone. I tired tracking down the shop but with no PO to go off of it was a crap shoot.

what i was told the heads are Magnaflux with kibblewhite stainless steel valves (+1mm) with the head work and port job done by Bob Wirth of Wirth R&D services in Hayward CA. He's apparently a well known land/speed motor builder but again couldn't find out any info. Ill go dig out the heads and see what part# is stamped on them.

I ended up with my +1.8 and +2MM heads strictly because 1.8mm and 2mm>1mm. never made any assumptions about CFM flow or anything.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts