Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 vrscb. I recently noticed thaty clutch only engauges at the very end on the lever pull. I only have 23000 on the factory clutch and don't feel thatni should need a new clutch yet. I'm not too rough on it. Only hard shifts using the clutch. Are there any other possibilities like air in the clutch line?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Run the bike about 60mph in 5th gear and roll on throttle if the tach needle moves and the bike doesn't it time for a new clutch. I'm guessing with 23.000 miles its about time for a new one.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
When was the last time you changed your clutch fluid? Also what oil are you running and when was the last time you changed the oil.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
When was the last time you changed your clutch fluid? Also what oil are you running and when was the last time you changed the oil.
clutch fluid? our bikes use the engine oil for everything...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I believe he means the hydraulic oil that operates the clutch not the motor oil that cools the clutch. There have been many threads on clutches recently and most seem to point to a need to flush the clutch master cylinder, replace the fluid, and bleed to be sure all the air is out of the system. If you do replace the clutch you can and should use the newer slipper clutch from the 08 and up models.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the 60mph thing. Pulls strong no slipping. I think I will start with replacing the clutch fluid. It seems like it doesn't engage all the way is the problem. It's tough to find dot 5 brake fluid around here so I'm gonna order some online. It's been so hot in southern California (114 degrees) that I can't seem to rule that out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do yourself a favor

Call Trask and have him send you one of his clutch kits and springs he uses on the turbo bikes and just get it over with:2cents:

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
all your symptoms lead me to me to believe it is your clutch fluid. I made a post sometime back on the best way to bleed your clutch do yourself a favor and see if you can find it. It makes bleeding your clutch a breeze and ensures you get all the air out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts