Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happed two time, and I'm concerend and confused.

While driving from the dealer (heat sheild recall 06 street rod). I am getting off the highway, I pull in the clutch to downshift, nothing - the lever is free as a bird. Pull it back again everything is fine, drive home - works everytime.

I bleed the line quite well, using DOT 4.... No apparent air in the line!

Then a couple of days later, similar thing, pull up to a stop sign, pull the cluch lever nothing. Then it works fine the rest of the day?

Any ideas?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Sounds as though you have a bad clutch master that has a cup sticking. If your still under warranty I would see if I could get them to look at it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Max Thanks - I just dropped it off at the dealer this morning. They are scratching their heads on this one. Funny thing It's now only happening at highway speed. Drove around town last night it was fine, but got on the highway heading home - withing minutes the clutch lever was free again.

Take care

Kevin

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got it back from the Dealer (They did a great job A+++ Plug for Performance HD in Syracuse NY)

First they thought the cluch master was gone, rebuilt, and no change. It ended up being the bearing in the clutch pack was bad.... Pushing back on the clutch slave, no issues at low rpms. I think this one had them scratching their heads.

Performace HD Gets an A+++ in my book for this, quick turn around too!

Thanks

kevin

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Thanks for the update, first I had heard of that but surely possible when I think about it. I guess that when you pumped the clutch that it would work again.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Bearing in the clutch pack? Is that the bearing on the actuator button?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts