Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
custom title user
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a few questions for the forum.

has anyone else lost clutch function while riding (wont disengage), pulled over to see WTF happened, and discovered the whole right side of the bike behind the slave cylinder bathed in dot4?

has anyone else taken their brand new, $300+ a month bike to their local dealer only to have it sit there (for a week so far) without so much as being looked at?

i am a mechanic and if i let a warranty claim sit untouched for a week i would be loading up my box movin on down the road and my boss would be packing up his files and pictures as well.

this is my second purchase from this dealer (route 66 in tulsa) and my first issue. i have heard horror stories that make me think this is the norm for harley dealers. this particular dealer had my buddies v-rod (also a forum member) for 97 days after it fell over at about 2mph in the sand. i reluctantly took my v-rod to them because i bought it there and thought i might get treated like a paying customer.

any ideas? recommendations?

i need a job where i can fiddle fart around for weeks at a time, bolting on little chrome bits while warranty claims sit and rot, that would sure be the life. talk about stress free!

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
It sounds like an issue with the slave cylinder. It could be as simple as the bleed screw coming loose. There are only three bolts there for you to take off the cover and have a peek. The trouble should be obvious, if you have someone pump that clutch while you look. If you're lucky, adding a bit of DOT 4 to the master and bleeding it a bit and you're off.

HOWEVER....

If the rear of your bike took a bath in DOT 4, look closely at the paint and frame and make sure you aren't having issues with the Brake Fluid eating up your paint. If it is, then let the dealer do the work under warranty. :2cents:

·
custom title user
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the paint is jacked, wheel stipe coming off, swingarm bubbled up, frame, maybe fender. i didnt dare touch it, i would f'n flip if they denied a claim because i tampered with it.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
myvrodrocks said:
Sorry to get WAY off topic, but you win the coolest Avatar contest. :notworth:
:notworth: I concur!
I lost my clutch. Acts like it's in Nuetral. Where's the slave cylinder? Bleeder valve? pics?

·
Registered
223 Posts
dethbrd said:
the paint is jacked, wheel stipe coming off, swingarm bubbled up, frame, maybe fender. i didnt dare touch it, i would f'n flip if they denied a claim because i tampered with it.
OMG I would flip out! Please keep us updated on the progress of your delima.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dethbrd said:
has anyone else taken their brand new, $300+ a month bike to their local dealer only to have it sit there (for a week so far) without so much as being looked at?
Mine went in for some warranty work and since it was there I decided to let them do the 1k service. Was quoted 2 - 3 days. Got it back 8 days later and will never return. If I didn't hound them I'm sure it would have been longer. Keep calling and bug them if you want to ride the thing. One issue was the howling rear end. Well not only is the rear end still howling, now I got noises from the front. Still looking for a decent dealer.

·
custom title user
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i have it all figured out. the avatar is the wifey, thanx for the compliments.
anyway the solution is to just let above mentioned wifey go to the dealer and take care of it. she is in no way shy, modest, tactful, or afraid to cause a huge seen when it is neccessary to motivate others providing paid service. she is on her way there shortly(L.O.L.). i sure hope they have moved it or looked at it or something resembling teardown and inspection.
i'll update when i find out what happenned.

·
Registered
141 Posts
dethbrd,

just make sure your wifey wears the same outfit in avatar, and i am sure the dealer will get your bike fixed by tomorrow:angeldev: .

·
Billy
3,464 Posts
Pdiddy said:
dethbrd,

just make sure your wifey wears the same outfit in avatar, and i am sure the dealer will get your bike fixed by tomorrow:angeldev: .
NO they won't, then she wouldn't have to keep coming back :spank:

I'm sure you have read all of the stories. Unfortunately this does seem ot be the norm with HD dealerships. P-Funk was just told by one dealership that if he dropped his wheel off to install a tire on Thursday, they should have it done by Saturday afternoon. :eek: He took it to a Honda or Yamaha dealer (don't remember which) and it was done in less than an hour.

·
I see dead people
253 Posts
I still say you should have taken it to myers-duren. At least they have the smoking hot parts counter woman to look at when you go by every other day to ask why your bike is still there.

·
custom title user
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blonde

i keep forgetting about her, you are right, i should have gone to myers duren. i will not buy another bike from 66. i will not take the buell or the dx there for service again.

myers and the blonde parts chick from here on out.

they still havent looked at it by the way.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
tapia said:
:notworth: I concur!
I lost my clutch. Acts like it's in Nuetral. Where's the slave cylinder? Bleeder valve? pics?
Figured my clutch problem out!! It was the ebay clutch lever. :spank:

·
custom title user
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they called me yesterday, said it was done.

went to get it, the bleeder screw had fallen out of the slave cylinder. took over two weeks to put a screw in. as far as the paint, all of the powder coating the brake fluid got on was fine after being washed off, it had hundreds of raised bubbles all over the swingarm, they are gone. the orange stripe on the back wheel is falling off, the service manager and the general manager where out for the day, the guy running the shop was at lunch, the mechanic who gave me my keys said it looked to him like i had been power washing the bike at the car wash. the shop ticket said nothing about checking paintwork, or replacing any screwed up parts. [email protected] ME RUNNIN!

i had suddenly become ill over the weekend and my doctor told me to avoid any stressful activities, so i got on my bike and left.

like i said before, i will never go back there again. myers duren here i come.

i never liked the orange stripe, so ill figure out how to get the other 3 off as well.

·
The Hawk
3,900 Posts
dethbrd said:
i never liked the orange stripe, so ill figure out how to get the other 3 off as well.
I hear clutch fluid works pretty well.:stilpoke: :angeldev:

Mike

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
blunt_force said:
I still say you should have taken it to myers-duren. At least they have the smoking hot parts counter woman to look at when you go by every other day to ask why your bike is still there.

dethbrd said:
i keep forgetting about her, you are right, i should have gone to myers duren. i will not buy another bike from 66. i will not take the buell or the dx there for service again.

myers and the blonde parts chick from here on out.
i use Myers everytime...for the most part their service is good, they've always gotten me taken care of in a timely manner

and i've got some sweet pics of the 'blonde' while she was modeling for my car club (TFCC, Tulsa Firebird and Camaro Club)... :boobs: :boobs:

here's a teaser

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I had a problem one time with the clutch where it kept getting stuck in Neutral while stopped, but after a little riding it fixed itself. So far haven't had to take it to the dealer for anything other than the headlight vibrating loose.

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
dethbrd said:
i think i have it all figured out. the avatar is the wifey, thanx for the compliments.
anyway the solution is to just let above mentioned wifey go to the dealer and take care of it. she is in no way shy, modest, tactful, or afraid to cause a huge seen when it is neccessary to motivate others providing paid service. she is on her way there shortly(L.O.L.). i sure hope they have moved it or looked at it or something resembling teardown and inspection.
i'll update when i find out what happenned.

yeah well.....cover that up....just kidding...TAKE IT ALL OFF MAN.... :angeldev:

disclaimer...the dEvIl made me do it... :chair: :D

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
V-Kit said:
i use Myers everytime...for the most part their service is good, they've always gotten me taken care of in a timely manner

and i've got some sweet pics of the 'blonde' while she was modeling for my car club (TFCC, Tulsa Firebird and Camaro Club)... :boobs: :boobs:

here's a teaser

:spank: for days........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts