Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my destroyer to the track last friday. ( first time out with this one.) i have owned three. the bike wants to creep ahead when i am in to the two step. my 60' time is off 3 tenths, and it does not want to down shift after the pass. it has 3 red and 2 medium springs. any ideas?

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
Do you know is the flake is set up total stock, arm springs and number of washers?

lighter springs and heavy arm weight might be causing premature action at your desired launch RPM????

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know is the flake is set up total stock, arm springs and number of washers?

lighter springs and heavy arm weight might be causing premature action at your desired launch RPM????
i took the flake out and it had 3 washers on only one side. i changed to 1 washer on each side. i do not know about the springs.

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
That's not much weight unless they reduced it to 3 because they installed the very light springs in the flake, if you have the clutch tuners kit which has a variety of small springs, check out the setup manual for confirming & possibly resetting it back to stock.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not much weight unless they reduced it to 3 because they installed the very light springs in the flake, if you have the clutch tuners kit which has a variety of small springs, check out the setup manual for confirming & possibly resetting it back to stock.
i willtry this tomarrow night. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You need to shift the bike into neutral and release the clutch after your burnout. When you pull in the clutch after a burn out the clutch release mechanism will not extend out to its full potential. I had this same problem. Added the neutral step to my staging routine and problem went away.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You need to shift the bike into neutral and release the clutch after your burnout. When you pull in the clutch after a burn out the clutch release mechanism will not extend out to its full potential. I had this same problem. Added the neutral step to my staging routine and problem went away.
Doing this should at least resolve the "creeping ahead" while on the launch box.

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
That's something I had never tried, gonna try it too, once I get my engine back together :notworth:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Had a similar problem with a new (tall) clutch pack and heavy springs. By the time I got the springs and shims down to a good launch the creep went away. My flake is stock with 6 weights on each arm. Is the bike bogging at the hit? Also how much lever between clutch pulled all the way in to the bar and the 1st point of clutch engagement?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a similar problem with a new (tall) clutch pack and heavy springs. By the time I got the springs and shims down to a good launch the creep went away. My flake is stock with 6 weights on each arm. Is the bike bogging at the hit? Also how much lever between clutch pulled all the way in to the bar and the 1st point of clutch engagement?
i guess i don't know what clutch pack is installed. i just assumed it was stock harley. that is all i have ever run. bike does not bog. if anything, it must be slipping according to my 60' time. only about an inch before engagement.

·
Noel
4,581 Posts
Jerry, reviving old discussion we had on this issue, what has changed since this time with your recent problem?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts