Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Artillery VET
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shifter lever

I have a habit of riding with my toe under the " shift lever".
so my question is will this hurt anything inside? having that constant
up pressure on the pedal.

YES i did means the shift lever (not clutch) sorry for confusing you all ,
i just fixed the clutch on my wifes bike and was still thinking clutch..lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
man, you must be some kinda contortionist to ride with your toe under the CLUTCH pedal!!!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
I have a habit of riding with my toe under the clutch pedal.
so my question is will this hurt anything inside? haveing that content
up pressure on the pedal

thanks for you input
Your "Clutch pedal" is on the handle bars. Are you sure you ride with your foot up there?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i gotta see this,, seriously if you ride with pressure on the shift lever you can burn up a shift fork or the shift fork groove that the fork rides in.. then it is tranny rebuild time but at least you can go big bore and stroke crank while it is apart.. unless you are riding with your foot on the clutch handle , if so you could burn up the clutch but at least you wouldn`t have to split the cases just need to replace the clutch plates..

·
Artillery VET
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gotta see this,, seriously if you ride with pressure on the shift lever you can burn up a shift fork or the shift fork groove that the fork rides in.. then it is tranny rebuild time but at least you can go big bore and stroke crank while it is apart.. unless you are riding with your foot on the clutch handle , if so you could burn up the clutch but at least you wouldn`t have to split the cases just need to replace the clutch plates..
thanks , ill have to try to keep the toe of my boot out from under the
(shift lever)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts