Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch makes a high pitch grinding sound and vibration at just past the sweet spot when I let it out. If I am not shifting for speed, it doesn't. When I am pushing the bike and shifting hard, it makes a noise and vibration, if I am going easy and don't rev up during shifting, it doesn't. What am I doing wrong? Anybody have this noise?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My VRSCF is 5 days old and I notice a whinning sound (like a car low on power steering fluid) and vibration throughout the bike when I engague or let the clutch out in 2nd or 3rd gear. I was told this happens with ABS. Doesn't sound right to me. Any thoughts on this matter is greately appreciated.

·
I Hate Stupid People
720 Posts
My VRSCF is 5 days old and I notice a whinning sound (like a car low on power steering fluid) and vibration throughout the bike when I engague or let the clutch out in 2nd or 3rd gear. I was told this happens with ABS. Doesn't sound right to me. Any thoughts on this matter is greately appreciated.
I don't see what ABS has to do with it.. You probably answered the Question with your statement ..IT'S 5 DAYS OLD:stilpoke:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
That grinding noise is normal. Mine has been doing it since day one. Stock clutch and Slipper are the same. It can be reproduced at will. I just do not dwell on that position real long. No need to ride the clutch in that position for long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts