Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at doin my clutch this week. Couple quick q's. Never really had to do much if any real work except for oil changes. Done quite a bit of work on BIG TWINS and the clutch net is left handed thread on those trannys. Is the REVO clutch nut right hand or left. No mention of it in the manual so i'm assuming its right handed. Hate to assume seen plenty of guys get stumped on big twin clutches in this instance, and end up torquing their baskets on pretty good.:banghead: Also how much if any oil will i lose pulling the side cover off. Just changed my oil a few hundred miles ago but should i get a new filter and oil, or can i just top it off? Thanx in advance,Chris

Attachments

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
If you do the clutch while on the side stand you will lose less, if you have a lift it's best to drain at least two quarts before you start or it will be a mess.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys!!!!!!!:cheers: Was gona do it this mornin while the rain burns off, but if i didn't get the heads up wouldn't be able to test it this afternoon.:chair: Have to grab a few quarts tommorow. Thanx again

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts