Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my t bars and now the brake and clutch lines are too short. Anyone know if HD sells longer lines or if I can get them from Chopper Steve? Ones that will match up correctly that is.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
The local dealer here sells Goodrich brake lines in all sizes. I have yet to find a new clutch line. I am looking for a clutch line with a chrome inlet fitting. No one makes one yet for the V-Rod. Not that I have found.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Do you have pics, I did the t-bars and the clutch line was fine and the brake line was actually a little long.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to put a set of t bars on that had a higher rise than normal because of my height, so they don't reach. Throttle cables are fine but the rest is not. I will try to take some pics tonight. Thanks Nick.

Dan

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Dan said:
I had to put a set of t bars on that had a higher rise than normal because of my height, so they don't reach. Throttle cables are fine but the rest is not. I will try to take some pics tonight. Thanks Nick.

Dan
How tall are you, I am 6'3". My bars are more comfortable than the OEM.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
npicklo,
What's the rise on your bars?I've been thinking about getting t-bars.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nick, I'm 5' 4 " so I had to get t bars with a final rise that is close to the OEM bars. I love them but the lines just won't reach. I may just have to go to the stealer and figure it out. :bash:

Hey, where did you end up getting your rear fender? I've been looking at a couple different ones and not sure which one to go with. But if you got that one for 300 bucks it sounds like a great deal. Thanks,

Dan

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Manhorse said:
The local dealer here sells Goodrich brake lines in all sizes. I have yet to find a new clutch line. I am looking for a clutch line with a chrome inlet fitting. No one makes one yet for the V-Rod. Not that I have found.

I just had my front brake and clutch lines, including fittings, replaced with Russell parts.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Not a problem, hope you find what you're looking for. I'm looking forward to seeing mine, it should be a big improvement over stock!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got off the phone with the stealer, probably have to go with the Russel hoses. Let me know what the whole thing ran you if you don't mind. Thanks,

Dan

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hahaha, you said beaver. :diablo:
Acting like a child makes the day go faster. :laugh:

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
The price for the Russell setup (clutch and front brake lines only) was about $750 CDN for the hardware ONLY. There was quite a bit of labor involved too because they had to perform a mcgevor to construct a fitting for the clutch slave. My dealer did an awesome job - ALL fittings are chrome and look top notch! I would definitely recommend this setup!

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sounds right with labor involved. My guy said a whole setup would be 300 US for parts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts