Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a secondary clutch actuator repair kit. I have a parts book #99457-06 It lists the repair kit as #36769-05k HD dealer has no number in there system.
My Destroyer parts book has no listing for a repair kit. Only the whole actuator #36779-05k
Did HD stop offering the repair kit?

·
----->
7,589 Posts
Yep. I just went through this just to find out it's not my actuator. Just can't get the clutch to build up pressure and keep it. Going to rebuild Master Cylinder.
I'll sell you a 04 clutch actuator....$50

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weren't you using the AIM actuator?
The AIM unit replaces the "lifter plate" on the inside of the clutch cover. The secondary actuator is the piece that is bolted on the outside of the clutch cover. It is on all VRods, Stock to even the MTC setup. You can also find it by following the clutch hose from the handlebar master cylinder to were it threads into the secondary actuator on the clutch cover. Mine is weeping fluid down my clutch cover.
I aprreciate the offer on the used 03 actuator. I would be interseted but I can get one brand new shipped to my door for just under $60.00 I just cant part with the money knowing that all I need is a $2.00 seal.
Has anybody gotten the #99457-06repair kit?

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
The AIM unit is inside the clutch cover. The secondary actuator is the piece that is bolted on the outside of the clutch cover. It is on all VRods, Stock to even the MTC setup. You can also find it by following the clutch hose from the handlebar master cylinder to were it threads into the secondary actuator on the clutch cover. Mine is weeping fluid down my clutch cover.
I aprreciate the offer on the used 03 actuator. I would be interseted but I can get one brand new shipped to my door for just under $60.00 I just cant part with the money knowing that all I need is a $2.00 seal.

Has anybody gotten the 36769 -05K repair kit?

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
36769-05K is definitely a good number.

I have it listed in my 2005 SE parts book on page 42.

They call it a Secondary Clutch Actuator, repair kit ( chrome ) for the VRSCSE.

Looks like it comes with about 5 pieces including the seal.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts

I see that 36769-05K info also in the 2005 parts catalogs I have indicating that it was a repair kit for the VRSCA and VRSCSE models (chrome) and that 36782-05K was a repair kit for VRSCB models (polished). However, the dealer parts look-up don’t list either of these items as currently available so they are likely NLA but some dealers may have old stock.

A 36769-01KA, secondary clutch actuator repair kit ($61.40 MSRP, chrome), is still listed but appears to be marked “to be discontinued” and a 36782-04K, secondary clutch repair kit, polished ($155.40 MSRP). These repair kits appear to be for the older actuators with the 36759-01K bleed screws that seal with an o-ring.

·
Banned
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thats exactly what I have in my parts book. It is not listed in the Destoyer parts book I have though. When you have a dealer look up the part number , they say its not a valid part number.
Also my dealer says that I have a out dated parts book. Because my parts book number is a -06 and the newest book is a -06A and the -06a has no repair kit listed. Thats what I am trying to figure out. If it was available at one time. There still should be some old stock on sombodys shelves!
This is crazy! If 36769-01ka chrome and 36782-04k polished are repair kits. Why is there a $94.00 difference? And the chrome one is cheaper???

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I checked here locally and the Parts guy tells me that a repair kit has never been ordered in Canada.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
The AIM unit replaces the "lifter plate" on the inside of the clutch cover. The secondary actuator is the piece that is bolted on the outside of the clutch cover. It is on all VRods, Stock to even the MTC setup. You can also find it by following the clutch hose from the handlebar master cylinder to were it threads into the secondary actuator on the clutch cover. Mine is weeping fluid down my clutch cover.
I aprreciate the offer on the used 03 actuator. I would be interseted but I can get one brand new shipped to my door for just under $60.00 I just cant part with the money knowing that all I need is a $2.00 seal. Has anybody gotten the #99457-06repair kit?
I hear you brotha but HD doesn't make a $2 seal. Perhaps a $50 seal.:broke: I looked for one else where also. Post up if you find one.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
What about removing the seal and looking elsewhere for another manufacturer? Looks like an O ring to me there has to be someone who sells seals / gaskets etc. that can help us out. Possibly a pneumatic company?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have thousands of seals and o-rings.
Stop by an automatic transmission shop and see if someone will take the time to match one up for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about removing the seal and looking elsewhere for another manufacturer? Looks like an O ring to me there has to be someone who sells seals / gaskets etc. that can help us out. Possibly a pneumatic company?
I found a company down here in Mexico that actually makes o-rings and seals. They matched one up for me and although it didn't cost $2 but was only $15 for all the seals/o-rings of the secondary clutch cylinder. There are a total of four seals, including the small o-ring that goes on the end of the clutch hose. If anyone is interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts