Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Took a ride out to no where today and at the furthest point from anything else this happened: Speedo and tach stopped working, Engine, Security (I don't have HD security system), Battery and Temp lights all came on. Also, V-Guage froze up right where it was. I did notice that it was at 3000rpm and charging system/battery was at 13.6V. Pulled over and the bike kept running. Since I was way out I continued to ride (after checking the fans were running) until I got closer to home. Pulled over, shut it down, drank a coke. turned her on and everythings fine. Continued ride for about another 100kms before getting home. Pulled codes and got these: U1016 (which I had already figured out), and C0562.

What should I be looking for here?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, 32 views and no suggestions. Here is what I think I need to do. Check that all ground terminals are tight. I know where the battery is but where are the other grounds that can affect this?

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
There is a ground wire attached to the top of each cylinder along with the battery ground. You need to remove the air box(upper and lower) to get at them.
Also a frame to engine ground - lower left side rear of engine.

Make sure they are clean and tight.

Accorfing to another forum
The C0562 is a low voltage issue with the ABS module..

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll check my grounds tomorrow and browse the TM section later tonight.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Has the problem happened again? I had this issue on the way to work this morning, so I was wondering if this became chronic, was a one time occurance, and if you discovered a solution. Thanks....

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The 03 I had did this.After a few times,it never revived.It was the head itself.I had the EX warranty cover the new head.There are no more old styles sold from Harley.When you buy a new head for these bikes it comes with the 150mph reading,2 trip meters and a clock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Older thread but, no, it hasn't happened again. I did go through the T-Max info and it appears that for whatever reason the serial data gets lost. Not enough to stop the bike, just enough to mess up the V-Guage. Turning it off and back on seems to be the fix.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
If your cooling fan dies, it blows a fuse, and the gauges go away. Quick fix is to cut/remove the wire from the offending fan.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
My 08dxa has been doing this since last season...bike runs fine. When the tach light goes out, the head light gets brighter & my battery light & engine light comes on. Checked all connections, every one seems tight...thinking it could be the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My 08dxa has been doing this since last season...bike runs fine. When the tach light goes out, the head light gets brighter & my battery light & engine light comes on. Checked all connections, every one seems tight...thinking it could be the voltage regulator.
08 DXA here too with the same problem. I keep blowing high beam bulb too. What an ass kicker, can't figure it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts