Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the helmet thread I was wondering what you guys/gals recommend for riding gear. Will be riding in Oregon with mild temps so looking for something like an armored mesh jacket, gloves, etc. Are there recommended brands and where is the best place to purchase said items?

Thx.

Glenn

·
Registered
66 Posts
i recently bought a firstgear mesh pull- over from motorcyclecloseouts.com. i love it.great product,price and really well made.when it cools off put something over or under it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Two of my favs are www.newenough.com and www.ironpony.com - they both have good deals and give good service. As far as brands, Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, First Gear & Teknic are some of the ones I have and use. You just need to shop around for the style you like and Newenough has great pics of their gear. Hope that helps, Ride Safe!!! :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
golfinglenn said:
After reading the helmet thread I was wondering what you guys/gals recommend for riding gear. Will be riding in Oregon with mild temps so looking for something like an armored mesh jacket, gloves, etc. Are there recommended brands and where is the best place to purchase said items?

Thx.

Glenn
Now, if you're coming thru Portland let me know, it might be good for a free beer...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VRay,

I do plan on making some of your gatherings up there. Sounds like you have a fairly active group and always looking for an excuse to burn fuel.

Glenn

·
Registered
553 Posts
golfinglenn said:
VRay,

I do plan on making some of your gatherings up there. Sounds like you have a fairly active group and always looking for an excuse to burn fuel.
Glenn
Oh that would be wonderful!
We did our first sort of ride, to Bend and back, and I think the four of us that went enjoyed a very nice day. It should not be hard to find an excuse to blaze off one direction or another... I'm sort of planning lunch on the 25th at Kelly's Olympian Club and running down the gorge to Multnomah Falls, and back the old highway, jumping off at high noon... If yer free you'll dig the short ride...
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72855

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
I am very happy with my black firstgear mesh jacket with armor for the warm weather. Approx $125.00 new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts