Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday my mojo just wasn't there while I was out riding with my beloved wife. I had a close call that almost cost me big.

We were riding across a causeway (4-lanes in each direction, 60 mph speed limit), I turned my blinker on to change lanes, checked my six and began to move into the other lane. As I looked forward I realized that the car in the lane I was moving into that was up ahead had stopped! Someone had dropped a large rolled up rug in the lane and she stopped for it. Now, my DX isn't exactly the most nimble of bikes but I got her horsed around and barely missed being a trunk ornament...Can't blame the gal in the car, just one of those things, but scared the crap outta me.

Phatass

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, yesterday my mojo just wasn't there while I was out riding with my beloved wife. I had a close call that almost cost me big.

We were riding across a causeway (4-lanes in each direction, 60 mph speed limit), I turned my blinker on to change lanes, checked my six and began to move into the other lane. As I looked forward I realized that the car in the lane I was moving into that was up ahead had stopped! Someone had dropped a large rolled up rug in the lane and she stopped for it. Now, my DX isn't exactly the most nimble of bikes but I got her horsed around and barely missed being a trunk ornament...Can't blame the gal in the car, just one of those things, but scared the crap outta me.

Phatass
Sorry man... Glad you have good reflexes though. }:)
Let me know when the adrennalin wears off.. };-)

·
boo
5,211 Posts

i'd say your mojo was working just fine, actually - could have been a bad scene

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, I guess my Mojo was working after all...:D

Unfortunately, I am on call this week and cannot leave town. The rest of some friends and my wife are riding around Central Washington. Just got a call from the wife and she told me she stalled her Triumph America on an uneven slope and went over on the bike. She is really short and not very strong, so when it starts going over she has a hard time recovering, especially on an uneven surface like it was today. Kathy (my wife) is OK, just a few bruises including her ego. It was a no speed drop, thank God, but the Triumph will need a new blinker etc...

Sometimes it just pays to stay home and watch college football. :D

Phatass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts