Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Gone
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they say it is not a question of if, but rather when, you will lay your bike down.

Today I was cruising through a residential neighborhood for a morning ride. As I approached an intersection with a green light, a tow truck driver talking on a cell phone decides to turn left literally less than ten feet in front of me. Having no alternative, I laid it down, letting the bike slam into the road/his truck. Luckily I was able to avoid serious injury of any type. (Just a little back discomfort and sore groin from the straddling maneuver)

I'm thankful that several individuals stopped and told the police that the guy blatantly disregarded my right of way and that I was traveling at a normal speed. He was cited and I intend to pursue recovery of the repair costs from the tow truck company.

However, with respect to the bike, the foot controls, lower frame rail (cracked), bars, mirror, entire exhaust, crankcase cover, lever, side radiator cover, and front end are all shot. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow so that I can get an estimate. My neighbor, who also has a DX, thinks it might be totalled. Either way, I'll be getting back on a DX ASAP.

Anyway, being that I walked away-I look at this a "free" reminder to me and others that shit can happen fast even at low speeds---So ride safe everyone and have a great 4th!!!!!!!!!

:moped:

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
glad you weren't hurt.

·
VividDX
206 Posts
So glad to hear you are OK. The bike can be replaced, you can't!

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
:them:

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
Glad your OK ! Thier are alot of morons in trucks today, I drove 18wheeler for over 35 years and I see wahts going on today with these new guys behind the wheel it makes me shiver. Beware my friend !

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
:plause: Wow! Glad you are ok man.

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
3,944 Posts
07vrscdx said:
So glad to hear you are OK. The bike can be replaced, you can't!
:them:

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Glad you came out well! Get em for every nickle, friggin moron.

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
TBAR said:
(Just a little back discomfort and sore groin from the straddling maneuver)
:moped:
Wow! you got lucky! ya might wanna take some anti inflammatorys( Alieve)
before you lay down tonight,
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts