Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Can anyone tell me how to set the clock? I did a search and aparrantly unlike other VRSC's I do not have a button above my horn...Thanks in advance!:)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Do you mean the clock on the stock instrument cluster?

While showing the clock, hold the button underneath the cluster until the clock starts blinking. It will ask you 24/12; press to select. Hold it a few seconds again and it will show you hours... press to select; hold to get to the minutes....

hope that helps

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Turn key on.... click the button on the bottom of the cluster till it goes to the time and then hold it in till the selection 12 or 24 hr clock shows up, select by clicking button then hold in again for the hour (time). repeat the same for the minutes. Hold it in again when done to stop the flashing. Just screw around with it by holding the button in and you will figure it out.

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Clock? We don't need no stinking clock! If you drive fast enough, time stands still!

:moped:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nor' easter !

Did you try it out? Did the info help?

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it did work! I tried the same thing my self a bunch of times, but as it turned out I didn't press and hold the button long enough.

Thanks guys!

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
No built-in clock on my R either. Glad that you got it worked out.

Rob, I usually get the, "Why don't you go for a ride on your bike and I don't care if you ever come back!". J/K

Doc

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
No built-in clock on my R either. Glad that you got it worked out.

Rob, I usually get the, "Why don't you go for a ride on your bike and I don't care if you ever come back!". J/K

Doc
I have the opposite "problem". My lady friend is partial to one of my K-100's. That bike was at a tech friend's shop for a while and when my lady friend noticed it's absence from my garage she asked me "hey, where's my bike?" ! Her bike huh. Oh-kay.
Old air cooled BMW's with fairings had an analog electric clock from Motometer. They had a singular sound, sort of a drawn out extended click as they ticked off the time. If it was quiet you could hear one from several feet away, or in your garage if you were working quietly. It was one of those quirky endearing traits of old Beemers now lost to the digital CAN-Bus age.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I have the opposite "problem". My lady friend is partial to one of my K-100's. That bike was at a tech friend's shop for a while and when my lady friend noticed it's absence from my garage she asked me "hey, where's my bike?" ! Her bike huh. Oh-kay.
Old air cooled BMW's with fairings had an analog electric clock from Motometer. They had a singular sound, sort of a drawn out extended click as they ticked off the time. If it was quiet you could hear one from several feet away, or in your garage if you were working quietly. It was one of those quirky endearing traits of old Beemers now lost to the digital CAN-Bus age.
Those old BMW's are endearing. I wouldn't mind picking one up sometime to tinker with. The new ones are dealer-only because of the excessive electronics.

As to women and riding, my wife always wants to go along -- especially now with a Goldwing. This is a good thing of course, but sometimes I miss those Sunday afternoon solo rides. She likes to lope along and watch the scenery whereas I like to make the scenery blur by. Did not have this situation when the R was my only bike as she hated riding it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts