Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also need an answer to this question. I attended Bike Night at my local HD dealer last night and asked this question. I had 3, count them, 3 HD techs and their supervisor and none of them had the answer. They pulled out their Owner's Manual, Service Manual and Dealer Prep book and it did not address this anywhere. They suspect it may be set via a laptop hook-up. Anyway, they are calling their area rep today and will provide the answer. I'll post it once I have the answer....this is nutz, isn't it?

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,161 Posts
Is there a button by the horn cover? For my '06 that is how I set it. There is a button by the horn cover that you hold to get the clock digits flashing. Then you hold to step through.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that is nuts. I have mine in th eshop getting the 1000 mile deal done and I told them to set it. When I first bought th ebike, I had a new battery installed and they set it that time, but I never asked how. Let me know though, I really want to know.LOL
Thanks for posting this

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
Straight from the VRSCSE2 Owner's Manual:

1. Set the engine RUN/OFF switch to OFF. Turn the ignition switch ON.
  2. Press and hold the clock-set button for five seconds until the minutes display on the clock begins to blink. Release the button.
  3. Press and release the clock-set button repeatedly to advance the minutes display. Each time you press and releases the button, the display will advance one minute.
  4. When the correct minute is displayed, press and hold the clock-set button for five seconds, then release. The minutes display will stop blinking, and the hours display will begin to blink.
  5. Press and release the clock-set button repeatedly to advance the hours display. Each time you press and release the button, the display will advance one hour.
  6. When the correct hour is displayed, press and hold the clock-set button for five seconds, then release. The hours display will stop blinking, indication that the clock has been set.
  7. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Right here

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have got to be kidding me.LOL I've been trying to figure out what THAT button was since I got the bike. Thank you SOOOOO much. You don't know how much you have made my night.

thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts