Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is getting fustrating, the bike has been back to the dealer 3 times now for that annoying clicking sound coming from the front end when you go over any small rut or pot hole (Tons in RI). The first time the dealer adjusted the front steering bearing & it went away for 100 miles then came back I brought it back they charged me 100.00 & adjusted it again now "Its Back" I dont think its a safety thing just annoying! Dont want to keep throwing money away at the dealer anyone know a good V-Rod Mechanic in the R.I /Mass. area? Oh yeah the bike has almost 5K on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is getting fustrating, the bike has been back to the dealer 3 times now for that annoying clicking sound coming from the front end when you go over any small rut or pot hole (Tons in RI). The first time the dealer adjusted the front steering bearing & it went away for 100 miles then came back I brought it back they charged me 100.00 & adjusted it again now "Its Back" I dont think its a safety thing just annoying! Dont want to keep throwing money away at the dealer anyone know a good V-Rod Mechanic in the R.I /Mass. area? Oh yeah the bike has almost 5K on it.
Wouldn't that be a warrantee related issue.

·
Registered
164 Posts
sounds like that dealer is ripping you off. if they charged you $100 the first time(which they should not have) and this eliminated the problem for 100 miles. then obviously the part they adjusted is the issue, and if their work is no longer effective after that 100 miles then they need to re-do their work without charge to the customer. not to mention the initial problem should be warranty related anyway. its 2 years unlimited miles. i would go higher up the ladder and try to contact someone at Harley directly and see if this is a common issue with that bearing making noise when ridden on bad roads. if it turns out to just be a annoyance because of the quality of roads where you live, then no need to waste money. but if it turns out to be an actual defect then you are in for some compensation and warranty work. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts