Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted Clearwater Lights on their V-Rod? I just ordered a set and am awaiting shipment. I have a set on my Hayabusa and love them---great visibility for oncoming traffic and makes a big difference at night on those lonely, dark roads full of critters.

I just orders the GU2 kit for the F model that has inverted forks. I'll be mounting them up next week. Was just curious if anyone is running these.

http://www.clearwaterlights.com/

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
there's a forum member here (think it's gasman) that runs them. They are seriously bright, even in the daylight. Sturdy construction and fairly sleek.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Clearwater led

there's a forum member here (think it's gasman) that runs them. They are seriously bright, even in the daylight. Sturdy construction and fairly sleek.
:them:
Saw GASMAN(V-Rod flag stand fabricator) from 3 blocks away in broad daylight with sunglasses on....ouch!! My eyes burned for quite awhile that day.

Anyhow,Gasman(retired Nurse Anesthetist) said a friend in the OR/operating room developed these LED's.
You may also review the Clearwater at the http://www.pashnitmoto.com store.Membership is FREE.

I believe these now have a knob to control brightness.....which is a great idea for on coming traffic!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Led

I'm sure they're bright, but isn't one of the points of LEDs is to be a "CHEAPER" alternative to other lighting sources, not only in power consumption, but in price as well?? I just know the profit margin on these must be astronomical.
Longevity outlasts other types of lighting. And power consumption is minimal.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
warranty

yes, but does longevity mean it should be more expensive?? i understand the advantages, im just saying they are cheaper to produce than other types of lights
The first generation were built for BMW'S. Perhaps that is why they're so pricey. I'll review the warranty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No kidding those things are expensive...they are making a killing. I'm sure to produce them is pennies on the dollar.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
operating room LED's

$475.00?

Where's the Miller Light Guy when you need him.
As in healthcare, these OR. LED's aren't cheap. .

.I'll contact both pashnit and Gasman's buddy for group buy.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
As y'all know, operating rooms are filled with comprimised patients whose lives are on the line, just as much as a motorcyclist on the road. I'll spend extra money on superior products , especially if my life is on the line.
Take it from an experienced motorcycling RN who's been under the knife.

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
Strange thought process regarding price... Quality High-Output LED's I have found are not cheap.. I was more than happy to spend almost 300.00 on a HeavyCycles brake light... t

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
common sense

Strange thought process regarding price... Quality High-Output LED's I have found are not cheap.. I was more than happy to spend almost 300.00 on a HeavyCycles brake light... t
Amen brother!

:them:

·
Registered
568 Posts
As in healthcare, these OR. LED's aren't cheap. .

.I'll contact both pashnit and Gasman's buddy for group buy.
If you mean OLED--these aren't--I'm not sure why they would be, actually. They're run of the mill high output LEDs--they sell for about 2 bucks a bulb at your local radioshack.

Do a little poking around for a good true HID set. This is /not/ a good deal at 1/2 the price.

(awaits post on why these are super special rare LEDs in 3..2..1...)

·
Smokebomb King
5,211 Posts
Yes heavycycles is quality and expensive, but does that mean it needs to be? he makes all of his by hand so yes you are going to pay for that.

and just because these are used in ORs doesn't mean that they HAVE to be that much. We all know how much profit is made on healthcare equipment. I'm not saying they aren't a quality product I just think you are getting raped on the price tag. A buddy of mine has two small running lights on his engine guards and they are truly truly blinding. Also good quality contruction...ill have to find out the brand because i KNOW he paid under 100 each for them

can't really say anything for sure though without a side by side comparrison

lastly i wish there was more info on the actul LEDs themselves on their site

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been running the Clearwater kit for two weeks now and love them. They make you a lot more visible on the street during the day and really light up the night. I would definately add as a mod if you have $475 and want to put it to good use.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
I've been running the Clearwater kit for two weeks now and love them. They make you a lot more visible on the street during the day and really light up the night. I would definately add as a mod if you have $475 and want to put it to good use.
Did you get specific vrod mounting hardware? @ axle or tree ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts