Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this in the may issue of Hot Rod Bike.

www.clearalternatives.com

Looks like they will have regular and LED versions.

AJ

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
"coming soon" not out yet

For that price,I know that Doc's will be better. ;)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Or are those just the lenses?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Looks like that includes the bulbs/board. You're right, Vinny, can't see it being a good quality product for that price, especially since it's not just the lens.

Here's the response from them (I sent them an email for more info)...

The VRod will be a complete unit either with red bulbs or LED circuit
board. The ETA is about 1-2 months
Tobin

I wonder where he's getting his lenses from - and if the Doc is waiting on the same vendor/mfg for those lenses?

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
let's just say that Clear Alternatives and I will have clear V-Rod lights available at the same time ;)

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
here's the deal... Clear Alternatives is the maker of the lenses and that is where I will be getting mine from... I've been working closely with Tobin through this whole Deuce/V-Rod light screw up and have been sending samples and parts back and forth with him. I actually have had a bit of involvement with the design of the clear V-Rod light and I think we can expect a very nice taillight when it is done.

The clear V-Rod lights should be available within 2 months and I will probably be selling the non-LED version along with my LED version in the clear housing.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
doc - Do you think Ozzy Chrome would be able to chrome these like he does w/ the clear turn signals?

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
AHHH, the clear tail light issue has resurfaced once again.....................lol I'll still be waiting Doc!!

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Joe,why are they cheaper in price than your LED conversion.?

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I guess you can say they sell the Sportster model, I sell the West Coast Choppers model :D

it really comes down to where and more importantly, how they are made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts