Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone discovered a magic formula, product or technique for getting the aluminum discs clean and free of spots? I am having the devil of a time trying to keep them looking good in less than an hour per side, and even then I am having little luck. Thanks Steve

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Mothers Mini PowerBall. It's a polisher you can put on the end of an electric drill. You can get it at any Pep Boys or AutoZone. Throw some liquid aluminum polish on it, jack up the bike and spin away.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nate552 said:
Mothers Mini PowerBall. It's a polisher you can put on the end of an electric drill. You can get it at any Pep Boys or AutoZone. Throw some liquid aluminum polish on it, jack up the bike and spin away.
:them: Bought the mini-ball and it works great, not a lot of effort invloved which makes it even nicer

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
selewis said:
Has anyone discovered a magic formula, product or technique for getting the aluminum discs clean and free of spots? I am having the devil of a time trying to keep them looking good in less than an hour per side, and even then I am having little luck. Thanks Steve

Powder coating

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
selewis said:
Will putting a wax on after getting it clean help retard the recurrence of the problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nate552 said:
do you think that putting a paste wax on after cleaning will help? Thanks for the advice. Will get a powerball.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.