Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my friends,
Being this is the first modern HD I've owned and the first bike since my (grandfather's) 1969 Ducati (which had no chrome on it)...I need some help.

So with that in mind, What is the best method for polishing, and cleaning this beast?

I've noticed that the aluminum and chrome both have lost their luster even though the bike sits in my hanger and has never seen rain...it just has lost that show room look it once had.

What products work the best?
What techniques work the best?
What keeps the "shine" the best?

I've built street rods & muscle cars in the past, so I'm not a newbie to elbow grease and work, but I don't see the need to re-invent the wheel or learn techniques already known to our group. I've just not had much luck finding the info here.

Thanks,
N437D

·
Registered
48 Posts
On the metal services I use Eagle One Never Dull Wadding polish.
For painted services I use Eagle One Nanowax. I also like Harley's liquid wax.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Also for your pipes, because they get those little specs of melted on rubber get some "0000" steel wool, works perfect for removing any tar or rubber spots.

I also use this for removing water spots on the polished aluminum engine covers.

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Also for your pipes, because they get those little specs of melted on rubber get some "0000" steel wool, works perfect for removing any tar or rubber spots.
Couldn't agree more on the 0000 steel wool.

I'm using this for all of my metal duties and it works pretty good (minus the ammonia smell).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts