Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to find a product that would get rid of water spots and help for the polished aluminum to shine.... well I finally found it. It is a pair of products from California Customs (Aluminum Deoxidizer and Purple Metal Polish). This stuff works like a charm and will put mothers/meguiers/pig snot and all others to shame. I plan to take some before and after pictures so you can see the difference. I have completed the right side of my bike and will do the left side tomorrow after work. Pictures to follow. If you want more info on the product see the url

http://www.californiacustom.com/ourproducts.html

Travis

·
Live 2 Ride
70 Posts
I have tried to find a product that would get rid of water spots and help for the polished aluminum to shine.... well I finally found it. It is a pair of products from California Customs (Aluminum Deoxidizer and Purple Metal Polish). This stuff works like a charm and will put mothers/meguiers/pig snot and all others to shame. I plan to take some before and after pictures so you can see the difference. I have completed the right side of my bike and will do the left side tomorrow after work. Pictures to follow. If you want more info on the product see the url

Travis
Dude, this stuff is awesome...always looking for something to make it look better and this did it...thanks for the info....

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts

Travis
Do you have any new details about this product and the promised for mentioned photos ;-)

·
Registered
233 Posts
There's a product similar to Nevr-Dull called Ouator (pronounced "water") that works really well. Rub some on the bottom of a Coke can, and it's shining like chrome in a matter of seconds. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find, but if you can, it works great.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
WWW.bluemagicusa.com I have used all of the others but in combination with the 2" tapered polishing pad from harbor freight I will never use anything else.

I polished my rims for the first time after 2 years and 4000 miles. The shine was still there but hand washing just wasn't doing it anymore. After using Blue Magic the rims were brighter than when they were new. You can also use it on chrome and glass. It is amazing! The stuff pulls the oxidization from deep in the pores and leaves a nice silicone protective layer behind so that you only really have to spend a half day a year polishing if you live in a climate like I do. I cant ride all year around. Well I can but I don't want to subject my baby to those kind of road conditions.

Hand washing after the initial polish is all you need until the protective layer wears off and trust me you can tell when the layer is gone because the water doesn't bead up anymore like it does on a good wax job.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts