Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had gravel on the road from the recent snows, tires kicked some up into the intake of the radiator. How do you get to the stuff in the middle?

KARAF

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Super Kaz said:
This Works for me! :kaz:
Sweet Kaz! Unless you bought those (which I doubt), how about a "How To" in the how to section? Any tips to do it right so I don't screw up the bike are helpful...

Thanks,

KARAF

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
They are from Ernie at Breathless Performance! :cool:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Next time you wash the bike, use some direct hose pressure on it. Easy to blast out this way. That or your fingers, it's not a major problem to get to.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
1-954-925-7725 Breathless Performance"ask for Ernie" tell'm I referred ya! :kaz:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Looks good Kaz, but if KARAF is like I am we have all those real small pebbles, about 1/4 the size of a pea, all along the roads and in the intersections that the road crews put down when it snows or for ice to get traction. The mesh you have would not keep much of that kind of stuff out. I can't wait for a good rain to wash all that crap off the roads.

Kaz you just need to move where it snows and gets real cold and you'll know what I mean. And it never fails that the cagers you are riding behind likes to ride on the side of the road and throw those F***ing rocks all over you when you are behind them. Can you say bead blasted?

Dave

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
See post of 1-18-04

KARF:

See my post of 1-18-04 in the "Products" section: titled: Another way to skin that cat". I never have any rocks or pebbles in my shroud anymore!! good luck. redrazor :D

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
redrazor said:
Another way to skin that cat
Hey Red,

Good idea, but it makes my skin crawl to start pokin' holes in my brand new 'all sparkly' machine. I just used the shop vac and it worked fine.

Rocks are mainly a problem during the winter, and not too much work to vacuum, so I'll probably just stick with this.

I like the grate ideas, but I really don't want to impede air flow. It looks like your suggestion is a good one, if you don't mind the holes...

Thanks again,

KARAF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.