Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most wont get any thing from this but any bay area readers of this rag will
puke if they read the road test by Patrick Moriarty. He claims the Guzzi Grizo
"Clearly out Rod's a V-Rod in the styling/ quality/ class department". I think he nuts.:barf: photo of said bike:
http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/Guzzi%20Griso.jpg

I believe the review is only in print, sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
It's not nearly as purdy as our beloved V's. :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Nothing purty about it at all - but the sumbitch looks pretty fast. The set up looks like it would out-corner a VRod.

"Claimed output is 88.1 horsepower at 7600 rpm, with peak torque of 65.6 foot-pounds at 6400 revs."

Half a VRod would blow it off the track, though.

·
Banned
837 Posts
I think it's a hansom bike. No V-Rod, but it has it's appeal. I think it would make a better city bike due it's shorter wheelbase, and greater manueverability.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
They corner and pop wheelies a treat, as he said a city bike.

I do have a soft spot for Guzzies use to sell them and owned some.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I was thinking about my R not the plain old vanilla ;)

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
not my type of bike but i can appreciate it for what it is

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Moto makes some interesting motorcycles I must say, not my taste but those Euros suck them up!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Ummm , I'm must be missing something ... Guzzi and the V-rod are both motorcycles. but besides that . What do they have in common ?

Thats like comparing a Hyabusa and a ducati 1098 ...

( I have never seen a busa at a road course )

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know. There are so many of these wacky looking bikes out there that look like that. I'm just not in to it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I still don't understand it. The V-rod.......especially the anodized (of course I'm going to say that!).....just stand out soooo much from the crown with beautiful lines..... The attention I get with my bike is unreal. I don't think I would get it with many other bikes.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
And you think the V Rod has an ugly dogs azz, take a look at that one.

Mike

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Not my cup of tea. The bottom end of the enine looks like they pulled it from a snowblower. The pipe is ugly and wtf is up with the swingarm? To each their own though.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
That thing looks like :moon: IMHO.

·
Michael J
740 Posts
I just skimmed the article, nothing about weight #'s, to be competitive to a 'rod, it would need the weight below 400 lbs with the 78 hp. My new lust, Hypermoto from Ducati. 90 hp 390 lbs without battery & fluids. My 'rod 105 hp 650 or so lbs,

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
That test if flawed from the beginning. They are comparing apples to oranges IMHO. I bet an "R" would have given it a run for it's money, but the MC quit making it...:2cents:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Most wont get any thing from this but any bay area readers of this rag will
puke if they read the road test by Patrick Moriarty. He claims the Guzzi Grizo
"Clearly out Rod's a V-Rod in the styling/ quality/ class department". I think he nuts.:barf: photo of said bike:
http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/Guzzi%20Griso.jpg

I believe the review is only in print, sorry.
See my link "outgunned and maybe even outclassed". I just got smoked by a 2009 GRISO 1200.The good news is I also purchased on as my second bike!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts