Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my V-Rod a week and I've learned a lot from reading just about everything on this great forum. As for dressing up the bike, it looks like HD offers a lot of stock parts that have been chromed. It looks to me like I could just take off some of these pieces and get them chromed myself (stand, passenger peg brackets, etc.) for less cash. What other pieces have you had chromed and have you had any problems with pieces that you had chromed?

Thanks for any advice.
Dale

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Dale5203 said:
What other pieces have you had chromed and have you had any problems with pieces that you had chromed? Dale
Dale,

:vrodforu: I've had several pieces chromed, including the brake calipers, fork sliders, triple tree, and shift linkage. All of these pieces were much cheaper to have chromed than to buy from HD. Also picked up some polished rotors for a pretty decent price. I use a guy named Rob out of St Louis, PM me for contact info. Santa Ana Plating also does nice work, and has a price list posted on their website.

I found it was about the same price to have smaller pieces chromed (once you add in shipping) as it was to just buy them at the shop. (shift & brake pedals, passenger bracket, etc).

GLZ posted a good source out of Oregon for chrome & stainless hardware, take a look at his recent posts for more info.

You can always keep an eye on eBay as well to find some good deals. I picked up a chrome swingarm, not a takeoff chromed OEM but straight from the catalog, for around $250 including bearings, which is about half what the dealer charges.

Plenty of resources available here at VRF, so don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, thanks a lot. Good ideas. Was the triple tree difficult to remove? Never done that before.

There are some really good plating companies here in Houston that I've used before. No shipping and if you have several things done at the same time, it's a lot cheaper.

I was really glad to find this forum. Very much like Corvetteforum - just a world of good info and help. Max is right - it's the readers that make a forum great, but you still have to have someone put it all together.

-Dale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts