Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody taken off the front fork sliders and had them chromed? I was thinking about the option of either buying the HD chrome ones, or having a local customer chromer plate the stock ones. If you had the stock ones chromed, how do they look (and fit)?

·
Submariner
186 Posts
I've got an oem set that's been chromed, should be on my doorstep in a day or so. Not mounting until the end of the month though. Can e-mail you some pics once I've got them if you'd like. Total cost including shipping was $180, plus I'll have mine to sell after the fact.

·
O-FNG
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ubetyerazz said:
I've got an oem set that's been chromed, should be on my doorstep in a day or so. Not mounting until the end of the month though. Can e-mail you some pics once I've got them if you'd like. Total cost including shipping was $180, plus I'll have mine to sell after the fact.
Chris...Sounds like a pretty good deal. I use a local chromer that does show quality triple plating. The concern I have is that the sliders need to be plugged properly during the process. Send some pics when you get a chance (along with the rest of the bike when you get it all done).

·
Submariner
186 Posts
jcolodny said:
Chris...Sounds like a pretty good deal. I use a local chromer that does show quality triple plating. The concern I have is that the sliders need to be plugged properly during the process. Send some pics when you get a chance (along with the rest of the bike when you get it all done).
Will do...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts