Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a crazy question but not being overly talented on the technical side of upgrades/mods I will ask it anyways.

I presume that deciding to chrome the entire frame requires a great deal of disassembly of the bike in order for this to be accomplished?

Any thoughts from anyone who has had it done and how long it took (and if the bike was able to be put back together as well as before it was taken apart!!) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Everything has to be stripped. The frame has to be prepped and cleaned. As for the time period, it will depend on your chromer and mechanic. IMO it is harder to maintain due to scuffs, scratches and flacking etc.
Derek

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Just figure paying $2500-$3000 and have it done by a Pro!It's not something to try by your self!:slap2: ;)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Have it done. $2800ish for mine but whos counting. And my engine was already out. I just had some scuffs apear on the frame. It looks like they did not clean it up correctly. Anyway the dealer is standing behind the work sofar and I sould hear in acouple of days how they plan on fixing the prob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts