Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Ricks Tank in the first group buy, but I won't be installing it until the winter, so I was thinking about sending it out to be chromed. I know Ozzy used to do it, but they're out of business, so who else can I send it to???

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Search Frank Storms. He had one chromed recently. I'll see if I can dig it up for you, Mike.

RJ

Found it. Link Here.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
KCVROD has his done too

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
mike you have to find someone that can chrome plastic.....most shops are not set up for it.....take a look at my front fender on my chrome bike,i sent it to a man in pennsylvania.....he done an awesome job it looks just like chrome...

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
Checkout CV VACCUUM PLATERS "www.cvvacuumplaters.com". They specialize in chroming automotive plastic. No matter who you go to, try to make them understand to not spray the interior with anything; keep it clean plastic inside.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Man I wouldn't try this. Let me share woth you a funny story. Frank Storm had asked this very same question and the forum members gave him some leads of people who chrome plastic. Frank did all of the research and decided on this one particualr chromer. I know Frank to be a quality guy and so I folowed his lead and used the guy he settled on (at least in the post).

I spoke with the chromer and they referred me to their website that showed all of this beautiful chromed plastic. Guy said he could do my fuel cell in a week and quoted me $175. I practically ran my fuel cell down there to him. He told me he could do it in a week.

Well, he ran out of chrome in his shop and had to wait for a shipment of chrome that took 2 months. When he finally mailed the fuel cell to me, he had taken some chrome paint, the same kind you get at autozone and spray painted the cell. I know he used the autozone paint because in trying to salvage the job I went there and got a can and did touch up because the job looked so bad. I called the guy up and confronted him with the matter and all he could do is apoligize (in other words, yea you caught me).

When I showed people the fuel cell almost everyone broke out in laughter. I ended up paying someone to strip off the chrome paint and then i had a professional painter paint it. So, I guess I did end up where Frank is, because he wrote here he ended up getting his painted.

Save yourself some trouble and money and have it painted the same color as your skins

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
like i said,check out the front fender on my chrome bike.....it was chromed by a guy in pennsylvania and it looks just like a mirror.........he charged me 200 dollars.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Chrome,

who is the guy because I have some engine pars on my car that are plastic and I need them chromed. Give up a name and a link please

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
oldfox said:
Chrome,

who is the guy because I have some engine pars on my car that are plastic and I need them chromed. Give up a name and a link please
it has been 2 years since he done it for me.......i have been looking for his business card for the last hour and cant find it.....i cant remember the website either........chromeprosplating.com does a good job on plastic to.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well Chrome, if you find the info, please let us know. I am only going to trust the guy who did your bumper

Thanks for going through the trouble of looking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts