Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. so I HATE chrome. But I have two rules. If it is spinning or hot it sould be chrome. ie: wheels and exhaust.

What is everyone elses opinion of chrome wheels on the DX? I was thinking of sending them away to VMOD to get dipped while doing the 260 swap and the new rear fender at the same time.

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
might be the first.

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
I love the look of a primary black bike with a bit of chrome. I think it will look good.

I own a 95 HD "Badboy" which in case you don't know is a springer that was only made three years. It has a black springer front end with only chrome wheels, pipe and the spring and shock in the front end. I powdercoated the bars black also.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I think part of the DX's appeal is the overall black theme. Plus, I hate polishing chrome. Someday, my D's rims will be powdercoated gloss black. Don't go for it.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
PeytonVRSCD said:
I wouldn't do it. I think part of the DX's appeal is the overall black theme. Plus, I hate polishing chrome. Someday, my D's rims will be powdercoated gloss black. Don't go for it.
Standard chrome seems a little overbearing and defeats the purpose of the color theme. However, the black chrome might look pretty good on it. It wouldn't have quite the contrast of standard chrome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
Standard chrome seems a little overbearing and defeats the purpose of the color theme. However, the black chrome might look pretty good on it. It wouldn't have quite the contrast of standard chrome.
Black Chrome would look incredible!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw a nrs with some chrome on it yesterday.. forks,wheels and a few other bits ,Didnt look as good as stock

·
Gone
545 Posts
07DX said:
Ok.. so I HATE chrome. But I have two rules. If it is spinning or hot it sould be chrome. ie: wheels and exhaust.

What is everyone elses opinion of chrome wheels on the DX? I was thinking of sending them away to VMOD to get dipped while doing the 260 swap and the new rear fender at the same time.

I was thinking of doing real flame/skull paint job this winter. If I do it, I'm probably doing chrome wheels, rotors, and a pulley too b/c the orange stripe on the wheels won't match and the stock wheels look plain once the stripe is gone.

I think it will look fine if you do it even without painting the bike. ----Night Trains look awesome with the smooth wheel package---same principle.

·
Riding to Valhall
166 Posts
Chrome on the DX is like Superman with a green cape. It's still Superman, but not really.

Just messing with you a bit. It's your bike and you if want to put chrome on it then who am I too judge? As long as I don't have to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts