Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a warranty on the factory chrome? After reading my manual, it doesn't look like it specifically addresses it.

·
'1250' CC
78 Posts
The chrome was coming off both my exhaust clamps on my SE2.
The stealer replaced them with no questions asked!
I am still within my two year warranty and believe that all chrome
should be included under the warranty.

busdriver

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you are talking abouth the chrome of the Reactor rear wheel, (for 240 tire) a friend of mine has serious problems with that one. According to the dealer seems like a whole batch went bad, he had his replaced, and they started peeling, three month after like the original, then they had box after box opened, and they had the same thing, little spots all over, finally last week he received one that was o.k, lets see if it last!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
BUSDRIVER said:
The chrome was coming off both my exhaust clamps on my SE2.
The stealer replaced them with no questions asked!
I am still within my two year warranty and believe that all chrome
should be included under the warranty.

busdriver
They replaced them no questions asked and you still call them a stealer???? :bs:

There is a pretty good chance that “stealer” ate the cost of those clamps to promote customer goodwill.

Answering the question it is very tough to get chrome covered. Most times we take a picture and place a call to the MoCo. Rust and corrosion are environmental issues and it can get dicey. Down here by the ocean the salt kills everything. However if you don't go into the dealer raising hell you may get an ally to help you work through the problem.

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
I was told by my dealer cosmetics (except paint) are covered under the factory warranty but not the extended. I had chrome grips and a footrest replaced.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Yes, I have had my triple trees and rear reactor replaced both because the chrome peeled. It also was a no questions asked.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Chrome seems to be one of those touchy areas because so many things play a part in it. I have heard of claims denied because of other issues that may have effected the chrome. I know having lived just off the water in Florida for years that the salt in the air can take a toll on many metals and finishes that would not be effected say in Arizona or in central Texas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts