Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's consensus on chrome vs. stock rims? I have the stock ones, and love them, but have the chance to get some chrome ones. I'm thinking chrome wheels may be a little too much shine for me, as I haven't gone all out on chrome like most people on this board. I like more of the minimalist look.

Anyway, thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If I had the money, I would get chrome ones. The stock rims are a pain on the a$$ to keep clean especially in the northern regions. Just my $0.02.

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
What do you like? I have chrome and really like them, but it only dependds on what you like.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
I'm considering the chrome but another rider said that if they get dinged by stones, the marks are going to show where on the aluminum it would blend in.

I like the look, but the Sundowner seat and the associated hardware have to come first.

HoldHard

·
skin changer
824 Posts
I have the stock rims and if I change I would go to crome rims that were not solid. I'd go with custom rims that let air pass through better and cut down on the sway I get from cross winds. I know they are out there but just can't name any manufactures at the moment. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have a Chrome rear wheel and a chrome PM front wheel. Much easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like the chrome look so once I saw them on other bikes on this forum I knew it was a must have, every one is different go with you gut. Many vendors offer a chrome exchange of some sort look at our vendors Ozzys or V-mod you can't lose either way good luck.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The more chrome the better!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ozzy Can Help You!

I am 50-50 on the chroming the wheels. I love chrome but I also want some contrast from the anodized skins. Ozzy proposed a good solution that I have been thinking about. Send the wheels to him and he will machine polish them (not to a smooth finish) and then CLEAR COAT them. You will never have to polish them again. $400 for the pair.

I am thinking about this since the bike has so much chrome. But again, it is a personal taste and either route you take, the VROD will look awesome!

·
Registered
454 Posts
VROD AL said:
I am 50-50 on the chroming the wheels. I love chrome but I also want some contrast from the anodized skins. Ozzy proposed a good solution that I have been thinking about. Send the wheels to him and he will machine polish them (not to a smooth finish) and then CLEAR COAT them. You will never have to polish them again. $400 for the pair.

I am thinking about this since the bike has so much chrome. But again, it is a personal taste and either route you take, the VROD will look awesome!
V-Mod does clear coat as well as anodizing but Ozzy's offer seems to be better price-wise. I agree, chrome wheels may just be too much.

·
Registered
439 Posts
V-Man said:
V-Mod does clear coat as well as anodizing but Ozzy's offer seems to be better price-wise. I agree, chrome wheels may just be too much.
What is the difference between anodizing vs. clear coating? Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts