Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried chroming the V&H 2into1 Indy pipe. If you have how do you like it. I'm thinking of doing this now thats its cold here in Colorado.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
I chromed the V&H and only lasted couple of weeks and turned blue. So I used jet-hot and happy with results:

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
i tell ya, i think the INDY PIPE looks the best on any V-ROD.

·
Dean
775 Posts
I chromed the V&H and only lasted couple of weeks and turned blue. So I used jet-hot and happy with results:

What color is the pipe? It looks like a stainless stell color?

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The more I look at the finish of the pipe the more I like it. How much did it cost to coat the pipes? What is the turn-around?

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
The more I look at the finish of the pipe the more I like it. How much did it cost to coat the pipes? What is the turn-around?
EMAIL THEM AND THEY WILL SEND YOU A QUOTE, IT WILL BE AROUND $215 ON LABOR ONLY, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING ($50 ONE WAY). I ASKED "LCHEVERE" AND HE HELPED ME GIVING ME THE WEBSITE INFO. YOU HAVE TO UNINSTALL THE BAFFLE AND IF THEY NEED TO REMOVE ANY OTHER COATING FROM THE PIPES IT'S ANOTHE $50 :paper: I'M TRYING TO COAT THEM LOCALLY TO SAVE SOME $$$ SINCE ONLY IN SHIPPING I'LL BE SCREWED! IF I CAN'T, I GUESS I WILL SEND THEM TO JET-HOT SINCE MY BIKE IS ALL CHROMED AND WILL LOOK LIKE CRAP WITH THE TARNISHED PIPES :barf:

·
Registered
78 Posts
The full exhaust started blue when I chromed it. I am now real happy with JET-HOT. Cost me $165 plus shipping and tax. Took about two weeks. I picked the EXTREME STERLING coating which comes out looking like a very highly polished aluminum but will hold its shine 200ºF higher and can actually withstand temps up to 1,700ºF.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
had my INDY blk ceramic coated by JET-HOT. like their coating but had to be redone a couple of times & took for ever to get back. still think their coating is better than the V/H shit they were using when this pipe was made available to us.

·
Dean
775 Posts
had my INDY blk ceramic coated by JET-HOT. like their coating but had to be redone a couple of times & took for ever to get back. still think their coating is better than the V/H shit they were using when this pipe was made available to us.
Anthony....Nothing ever goes right for you does it? Did you go thru a local dealer or deal with JET-HOT directly?

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
somethings but lately no, alot of comp. out here don't do the right thing. i actually dropped my pipes off in person. my dog was getting surgery outside of philly, so i decided to take a ride to the plant. it was way the fuk out there. i figured if i put a face to the pipes they would do the right thing. besides all the bs., i do think they eventually did a decent job, on the finished product the pipe still had some imperfections but i was happy to have it in my hands.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Any ideas how to remove the baffle? I removed the screws but I'm fearful of forcing it to get out, any recommendations?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts