Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
This Place Rocks!
732 Posts
I sold them my stock wheels and fork sliders for a fair pirce and quick response. I would absolutely do business with them again. steve

·
Oh,and...world peace
304 Posts
I like their intro page!! :angeldev: Actually, that pulley exchange sounds enticing.

·
skin changer
824 Posts
The front wheel deals look interesting to me. I have never heard of them. I would also be interested in knowing if any members have bought from them and if they were happy or not. :helpme:

·
Banned
924 Posts
We need a new area on the forum for this type of information. A place where we can look for good and bad experiences with different vendors.

·
skin changer
824 Posts
curlysir said:
Anybody have any experience with Chrome That Hog?

http://www.chromethathog.com
I find it unusual that there is no phone number on their website for me to call (unless I'm a dealer) or a persons name anywhere.
They say they have a retail store...but I saw no hours, address or phone number for it...maybe I have to dig farther..but it's sure not easy to find like I would think it should be.

I sent them an e-mail...I want to see what I get back.

·
Banned
924 Posts
I just finished an email conversation with them. Prices seem a little high. $300 for used chromed lower legs. When I asked about the price being as high as new and with no discount being higher than new they got a little nasty about it...
go figure...

·
Registered
503 Posts
Let's just say you can do much better than "chrome that hog"

I personally had a bad experiance with them and read a few months ago on this forum that several other did two...

call ozzy... he's the man.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
chrome that hog is in minnesota
they have been in business for a while i have seen some of their work and it looks good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chrome plating

I first had my rear wheel done by High Lustre but after seeing the prices of Chrome That Hog we tried them and not only were their prices rediculously low, their quality was much better and noticeably different. We ended up chrome exchanging the rest of my parts and then completely did a Softail Standard. All parts were in stock and shipped in a nano second.

My other experience was with Papago Plating in Phoenix but I don't think they did much in the way of Harley parts so I will never return.

·
Lover of Bikes
1,726 Posts
My only experience with them was a detailed email I sent them that I never got a response on. My guess is they don't like Canadians. So what's new?

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
gthong said:
Let's just say you can do much better than "chrome that hog"

I agree unless price is important. I have had wheels and pulleys done through them. They had a quick turn around for me on most stuff. I would not call it show chrome, but for the price I was happy. There is micro dirt in the wheels I havehad done in the past, nothing you see unless you are right on it polishing it. I have never had problems with delamination or yellowing like I have had other venders and that is the important thing to me. Last wheels I had put 10K on them nd sold to a friend that has matched that mileage and they still look good.

Ray

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have had great dealings with them.They don't care what I send them anymore.I have parts there now.I have always had my emails answered the same day and have chatted live on the weekends.Turn around time is quick.

Chrome that Hog is in Cheatin's hood.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
What the F**K!?!?
528 Posts
0992 said:
I find it unusual that there is no phone number on their website for me to call (unless I'm a dealer) or a persons name anywhere.
They say they have a retail store...but I saw no hours, address or phone number for it...maybe I have to dig farther..but it's sure not easy to find like I would think it should be.

I sent them an e-mail...I want to see what I get back.

Their address, phone number and hours are all listed at the very top of the main page.

www.chromethathog.com
911 East 8th Street, National City, California 91950
MON-FRI 8-8pm SAT/SUN 10-5pm
National City, CA * Tijuana BC
619-829-6611

BTW the girls in the pictures on their site are HOT!

·
Misfit
172 Posts
I had my rear pulley and rotor chromed...the price was pretty competitive so I can't complain. You get what you pay for, but I'm happy. The service was weak though and I had a pretty rough time with the pulley purchase/exchange.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Check with Wade he has done plenty of business with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got another bike done by these guys and very pleased. Been in business for sometime now because I did my VRod when I first got it and although I consider it old, the chrome still looks like new.
Crazy thing is, same prices too! But who knows, that probably won't last long with these gas prices on the rise.
Ride Safe
Andre

1 - 19 of 19 Posts