Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Chrome Switch housing hard to install. I was reading the directions and it talked about tying something off with a wire tie? Something like that. I didn't think it would be a hard install.

Can anyone give me some feedback or advise? Or should I take it to the dealer.

Gary

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
purevenom said:
Is the Chrome Switch housing hard to install. I was reading the directions and it talked about tying something off with a wire tie? Something like that. I didn't think it would be a hard install.

Can anyone give me some feedback or advise? Or should I take it to the dealer.

Gary
Nope...
Take em apart, pull the electronics carfully (watch for the copper spring on the brake switch), reinstall chrome...

·
vstar54
16 Posts
Gary,

The set I received came without any instructions and I still managed OK. Just remember it goes back exactly as it came apart, simple!

Good luck
Ian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really great to have some input for a newbie. I also purchased some chrome brake and clutch handles. Would I put those on the same time and are those pretty easy as too.

Trying to work on getting the v-rod some bling bling before I go to my first ever Bike week in May. I know there will be more fancier bikes then mine there but I am just working on individualzing my bike.

Thanks for the info in advance.

Gary

2003 V-Rod (Mach 1 Blue)
2004 Sporster 1200C

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Gary the levers and switch housings are fairly simple, take your time, if you have a digital camera I always keep one handy and take pics as they come apart they can be worth there weight in gold going back together for placement. The levers are really simple make sure that you get a set of pointed snap ring pliers from sears they make the job so much easier.

Max

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have some of the snap ring pliers. I am pretty sure I needed them when I replaced my foot pegs. An I on the right track here. I think I need to fire up the Digital Camera.

Thanks.....For everones help. I am pretty new to this working on the car and bike thing but I really want to be involved somehow in the proceess of making this bike me.

Thanks again. I am on duty for the next few days so I plan to tackle this job after the dust settles but when I do I will either let everyone how great it went or I will be calling for help cause I messed it up. I figure I will try it and if I mess it up I will just put the thing on the trailer and take it to the Dealership.

Thanks again...This site is great!

Gary

2003 V-Rod (Mach 1 Blue)
2004 Sporster 1200C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts