Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
VrodG said:
I got a set of these covers off ebay, will let everyone know what they look like.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35572&item=2470006705
You have chosen a great supplier. He has a very good track record and come highly recommended by associates of mine who has used his services in the past.

I too ordered a set of chrome switch housing for 49.99, which I expect any day now. I also purchased the chrome switch covers some time ago in anticipation this recent purchase.

Good choice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Greetings/?/nc/life

VrodG said:
I got a set of these covers off ebay, will let everyone know what they look like.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35572&item=2470006705
undefined

VrodG, I OWN A 03 TT W/THE V-MOD EXHAUST PWR. COMDR. K&N, 28TOTH PRIM. GEAR, TOPLESS, SPORT WINDSHIELD, AND A FEW OTHER CHROME EXTRAS AND MANY TO GO. I'D LOVE TO MOVE TO NC BUT CAN'T GET THE WIFE TO GO UNLESS I CAN FIND WORK THAT PAYS ENOUGH FOR BOTH OF US. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? I MIGHT BE TRAVELING THROUGH AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RIDE TOGETHER. GOTTA BLAST! :vrod:

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the switch cover today, they look great, hope to install them soon. With leave feed back on fit, finish is great!
1BADV.... I'm not far from charlotte.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just a suggestion. If you haven't changed out the grips, and were interested in changing to different grips, now would be the time to do it!

And when you are putting the housings back on, if all the wires and such are in the correct place, then they will go on fairly easy and clamp down with a good fit. If it doesn't clamp down easily, you might have a wire going around the handlebar the wrong way, or your throttle cables could be the issue (you should adjust the throttle cables to be as short as possible before doing the work).

I did this last week, so those points were fresh in my mind. You might also want an extra set of hands around if you do change the grips. It's a pain to deal with those throttle cables with only two hands!

Good luck!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks jav ...I'm still scrouging sp? up parts , going to run the wires in the bar for a cleaner look. I'm going to add the iso grips with throttle boss, reduced reach bars, chrome controls and relocate the turn signal to the upper trees.I'm still looking for mirrors,I'm hoping that i can come up with a set that can see around my shoulders. Thanks again Greg

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This guy still has the covers at the same price, if you are in the market take a look it's better than $123.00 from HD. What I saved on the covers, payed for my grips and gas money left over!

·
Dr. Funkenstein
557 Posts
What a deal!

VrodG said:
This guy still has the covers at the same price, if you are in the market take a look it's better than $123.00 from HD. What I saved on the covers, payed for my grips and gas money left over!
Thanks for the info! I ordered a set last Thursday. Now I have to figure out what grips I want.

Thanks again for the deal!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys,

I originally contacted Sorgys letting him know that his Road King switch housing also fits the V-Rod and three day later informed him that his master cylinder covers ($16.99 ea) for the sportster works on V-Rod also. Subsequently I purchased a set and installed them with no problems yesterday. They look absolutely fabulous.

In all I purchased a pair of switch housing, and master cylinder covers for a total of $87.96 including shipping, all of which would have cost me $183.97 plus tax at HD.

:kaz:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I got a set in the mail yesterday and started to put them on. Well, I got distracted and didn't get back to it until today. Now the problem, how do you adjust the throttle cables? Steve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts