Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know of a good source for chrome rear axle spacers and chrome hardware (spacers and bolts) for the shock mounts. I've been looking locally but have not been able to find any. I have my rear end apart right now (for a few more days) so a fast source would be great.
Thx,

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful father that work's in a machine shop. He has made me wheel spacer out of stainless, then I just put them on the buffer to give them like chrome shine.The bolts can be change out with stainless need to be carefully to make sure that the new bolt can carry the load. The nice thing about stainless It doesnt rust keeps a nice finish once polished and CHEAPER than the HD bolts that can rust

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, harley sells chrome front axle spacers. I already have them.

I need chrome rear axle and shock spacers and the shock mount hardware. These parts are not in the harley catalogue, I don’t think harley sells them yet. Each spacer is a different (unique ) size that i can't find localy. The shock mount hardware is also a unique size. Any help locating these parts in chrome would really be appreciated.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Found out the shock spacers where different after the fact, got to send them back to dad to get the one cut down.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I got a set of shock bolts from V-Mod,made by Drag specialty. The pack I got only had 1 nut.Don't know if this was a mistake in packing or not.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I ordered a set of stock shock mount spacers then sent them in for chroming. Changed them a week later when the chrome ones arrived. I don't recall the price of the stock spacers but they were cheap.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, Sad we have to come up with our own solutions for this kind of stuff :mad:. I would think someone could make real money just chroming this stuff and selling on eBay or something (maybe here). I will order a set of spacers from the dealer tomorrow and talk to my local chrome shop later in the week.
Thx,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Harley is now making chrome rear spacers. P/N 41189-04. Hale H-D is selling them on-line for $19.96. They are under the new products section - VRSC.

Hope this helps...

-Bry

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just picked up a set yesterday and mounted them today. I've posted a few pictures of my bike with and without the new chrome spacers. Click here! They look nice if everything else is chromed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts