Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of the stock rear pully chromed on e-bay. I like the looks of them, but wonder if they work as good with the chrome on the teeth of the pully?

Let me know your thoughts.

AJ

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
AJ I think if they are done correct that they will cover the teeth and the chrome will not be on the pulley teeth itself. If you look at all the wear that goes on in the teeth area it would seem that if chrome did exist in that area that it would surely crack and peel in a short period of time.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
VRODAJ... Contact Sean at ozzy custom to get this done he can answer all your question and his price is very good! Some of our brothers here have complained about quality from chrome parts off ebay.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

AJ

·
Registered
132 Posts
Max said:
AJ I think if they are done correct that they will cover the teeth and the chrome will not be on the pulley teeth itself. If you look at all the wear that goes on in the teeth area it would seem that if chrome did exist in that area that it would surely crack and peel in a short period of time.
The chrome on the one I have started coming off immediately. And slowly but sure It is all going to peel off. Which may or may not be a bad thing. In the areas where it has peeled, it looked bad at 1st, but after driving it for a few more miles it has polished the area and you really can't tell that it has peeled unless you look real hard.

As Max suggests I wonder if the teeth should be chromed at all?

Harley talks about some kind of special coating on there chrome pullys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts