Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen one or heard anyone ask for one. That's hidden behind the right side radiator cover so why would you want one?
Hi Steve,
The reservoir is hidden behind the RH radiator side cover but the actual master cylinder/rod/rubber bellow-boot is right out in the open. See pic for example of what I’d like to get my hands on...

-John

Attachments

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Hi Steve,
The reservoir is hidden behind the RH radiator side cover but the actual master cylinder/rod/rubber bellow-boot is right out in the open. See pic for example of what I’d like to get my hands on...

-John
I've not seen that before unless it's a custom made cover or an aftermarket add on. My rear master is form of plastic graphite composition.
Ron

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've not seen that before unless it's a custom made cover or an aftermarket add on. My rear master is form of plastic graphite composition.
Ron
Hi Ron,
I would agree that it both aftermarket and a cover. Thats why I posted here, hoping someone could help me in my search for a source of where to purchase it or something similar.

-John

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hi Steve,

-John
Sorry, I was thinking of the reservoir not the master cylinder.

"Knut J" and "coastrider" are right. Those went for $40 MSRP when available from HD. One sold on ebay recently for $75.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I was thinking of the reservoir not the master cylinder.

"Knut J" and "coastrider" are right. Those went for $40 MSRP when available from HD. One sold on ebay recently for $75.
I’d sure like to get my hands on one.... Steve, you don’t happen to know the part number of it by chance?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
405 Posts
Master Cylinder Cover Kit Search

Still hoping to find one....

Thanks,
-John
I would suggest going to a H-D dealer and asking them to do a search using the part number. I've done this before for other parts. If you have a knowledgeable parts person and they want to really try they can find out if another dealer has this part. I know the dealers in the USA can do this but I don't know if dealers in other countries have access to a country-wide or global inventory database.
There is a guy in the Netherlands, Jan Willem Boon (https://www.jwboon.com/), who has a lot of obsolete H-D parts but he doesn’t show this part # in his online inventory. I have tried to deal with him before and he is impossible to deal with if you’re from North America. If he might have something you want and you happen to be in the USA or Canada, he won’t ship to you. Even if you pay 100% up front and are willing to wait till he has the $$$ in his hands and/or you offer to go through a 3rd party that is based in Europe, he won’t. Who knows why? He has a real attitude about shipping to the USA or Canada. I don’t know who from North America shit in his corn flakes sometime in the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would suggest going to a H-D dealer and asking them to do a search using the part number. I've done this before for other parts. If you have a knowledgeable parts person and they want to really try they can find out if another dealer has this part. I know the dealers in the USA can do this but I don't know if dealers in other countries have access to a country-wide or global inventory database.
There is a guy in the Netherlands, Jan Willem Boon (https://www.jwboon.com/), who has a lot of obsolete H-D parts but he doesn’t show this part # in his online inventory. I have tried to deal with him before and he is impossible to deal with if you’re from North America. If he might have something you want and you happen to be in the USA or Canada, he won’t ship to you. Even if you pay 100% up front and are willing to wait till he has the $$$ in his hands and/or you offer to go through a 3rd party that is based in Europe, he won’t. Who knows why? He has a real attitude about shipping to the USA or Canada. I don’t know who from North America shit in his corn flakes sometime in the past.
I called a few dealers in the UK when I was looking for a hard to find part. They are able to search dealers there as well as in the states. I would go the route stated earlier, go to a local dealer and have them search the Harley dealer network. You may get lucky and someone has one that's been sitting on a shelf for years. I've had this happen a few times now when looking for older V-Rod parts.

Good luck!

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I am in the Netherlands and if you see something you want shipped I have no problem doing that for you just covering the costs.
I get gauges in from worldwide for DCL rebuild and ship em out again. or ship just DCL parts like the diy color board one way. never been a problem.
just send me a message. Regards, Angelo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the info!

-John

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I called a few dealers in the UK when I was looking for a hard to find part. They are able to search dealers there as well as in the states. I would go the route stated earlier, go to a local dealer and have them search the Harley dealer network. You may get lucky and someone has one that's been sitting on a shelf for years. I've had this happen a few times now when looking for older V-Rod parts.

Good luck!
:kaz:

-John

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am in the Netherlands and if you see something you want shipped I have no problem doing that for you just covering the costs.
I get gauges in from worldwide for DCL rebuild and ship em out again. or ship just DCL parts like the diy color board one way. never been a problem.
just send me a message. Regards, Angelo.
Thank you for being willing to do that Angelo, I appreciate it!

-John

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just stopped at my local HD dealer to have them run this on their parts locator and no one in the U.S. has this part available. :(

I asked about running the part# globally/other countries and they said that their system is unable to do a search outside the U.S.

-John

·
Need for more speed
303 Posts
Chrome rear brake cover

Just stopped at my local HD dealer to have them run this on their parts locator and no one in the U.S. has this part available. :(

I asked about running the part# globally/other countries and they said that their system is unable to do a search outside the U.S.

-John
Here are a couple of photos:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.