Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found chrome or stainless shock mount bolts and/or ones for the rotors?

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Chris, I purchased some custom chrome Allen bolts for the lower shock bolts when I put on my Paul Yaffee license plate holder from...............? I 'll have to look up that vendor for you buddy

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Mine are drag specialties and I purchased them from Steve @ v-mod.com

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
Be sure that the stainless can handle the torque load in critical areas. Stainless by nature is much more brittle than grade 5 or 8 SAE, 8.8 or 10.9 metric fasteners. Elongation and the ability to flex are restricted because of their makeup.

18-8 stainless is not as brittle as 316 stainless is. Much easier to snap stainless when torquing up to spec, so be aware.

·
Banned
924 Posts
I had the OEM shock bolts polished at Completely Nuts. The brake rotor hardware was purchased from the same place (Dick Pruitt of www.completelynuts.com). This place is awesome. The web page is new but the business has been around for a while. Great products, good prices. He also has chrome hardware for the front rotors (very hard to find).

Tell Dick, Greg Richardson sent you to get a deal. :broke:

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

vrsc said:
Mine are drag specialties and I purchased them from Steve @ v-mod.com
Here's what I found:

Shock mount bolt kit (chrome) through Drag Specialties $24.95, P/N MVR101.

Shock mount bolt kit (chrome with chrome spacers) made by Colony, available from V-Twin catalog for $38.13, P/N 2158-11-P. (They have a page of various chrome & stainless hardware for the V-Rod made by this company.)

Rear rotor bolts (chrome) through Gardner Westcott for $15, P/N C-61-32T.
:broke:

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
ubetyerazz said:
Here's what I found:

Shock mount bolt kit (chrome with chrome spacers) made by Colony, available from V-Twin catalog for $38.13, P/N 2158-11-P. (They have a page of various chrome & stainless hardware for the V-Rod made by this company.)

Do these 2 companies have websites?

·
Banned
924 Posts
ubetyerazz said:
Here's what I found:

FYI... "Completely Nuts" sold me the same rotor bolts $10 and polished all 4 OEM shock mount bolts for $10. Front rotor bolts are $25 for both sides (but you must use your old spring spacers).

·
Submariner
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glz said:
FYI... "Completely Nuts" sold me the same rotor bolts $10 and polished all 4 OEM shock mount bolts for $10. Front rotor bolts are $25 for both sides (but you must use your old spring spacers).
I tried calling Dick at least a dozen times but no joy, so I went another route. Thanks for the source though, may be able to use for the remaining stock bolts.

·
Banned
924 Posts
ubetyerazz said:
I tried calling Dick at least a dozen times but no joy, so I went another route. Thanks for the source though, may be able to use for the remaining stock bolts.
Chris, He's not on the list yet but I will let him know he's missing out. He's a one man show so he must have been very busy at the time. This is not his usual MO. :hmm:

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts