Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out? I have an 06A and was thinking of swapping out the 2 reservoirs on the handlebars to Chrome. Looks like they changed the kits over at this same year and the price is double. Can someone tell me why the huge difference in price and part numbers?

42100-06 $630
46112-02D $399

Is this because they went to Brembo Brakes in 06?

Thanks
Jake

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
ONe is for the newer brakes that you have, the brembos, you will need the more expensive one. Chicago HD has 20% off all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
HD does not have to justify price difference. But I believe the bore size is the only change, that and the overalll look.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
without having a pre brembo MC to go through, all I can think of would be volume of fluid and size of openings to allow adequate fluid pressure to actuate the more heavy duty Brembo Calipers.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There is also a change in brake fluid type I believe which means different materials for all of the seals. The two different types of brake fluid a wholely incompatible.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
There is also a change in brake fluid type I believe which means different materials for all of the seals. The two different types of brake fluid a wholely incompatible.
the Fluids are incompatible, but the master cylinder and seals wouldn't care of you ran olive oil in it.

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
Harley should be installing these under warranty....The brake fluid used on the 06 with Brembo brakes is eating the plastic and causing it to bubble...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts