Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one point me to chrome horn covers that will fit F? Has anyone tried the v sheid?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got a chrome horn cover for mine which is the exact same as the satin one it came with.
It came off of earlier Vrods and is available at any HD dealer.
I polished a lot of my bike and engine and the chrome cover looks really good with that!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. What process did you use to polish? Which parts did you polish? I hear a lot about polish but don't know much about the process.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just used a product that I used to use on my snowmobile. Some kind of tunnel polish and just kept doing it over and over. Each time it comes out better.
I did the engine, swingarm, front end etc. It really shined 'er up!!

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I said in another post I think that the horn cover on the V Rod is and eye sore! But this I could probably work with! I don't like the chrome covers unless i'm sporting major chrome. LoL I know sounds funny. And I'm not big on the painted covers. Just my opinion.
Never thought about polishing the stock cover? Is this another cheap/free mod? LoL Will let ya know in a few days if its for me or not! LoL

·
on the hwy to hell
5,025 Posts
I said in another post I think that the horn cover on the V Rod is and eye sore! But this I could probably work with! I don't like the chrome covers unless i'm sporting major chrome. LoL I know sounds funny. And I'm not big on the painted covers. Just my opinion.
Never thought about polishing the stock cover? Is this another cheap/free mod? LoL Will let ya know in a few days if its for me or not! LoL
polishing it won't do much the stock horn cover is painted, you could sand it down with a final grit of around 1200 and it will look close to chrome you'll have to clearcoat it after, I did something along that line and lettered it then painted black. the pic is crappy, bad lighting, best could do at the moment IMG_0507[1].JPG

·
Registered
446 Posts
Oh My! :D
Definitely could hang a cover like this on my ride!
Very Nice!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The chrome horn cover part number is 69040-01. I just ordered one from surdyke.com; they seem to sell at a discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts