Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I am not alone in when purchasing chrome accessories from harley, wondering why they dont come with chrome hardware. I used to go to the dealer with an allen bolt and he would go to this big drawer that slides and look around goin "well, no, there it is, no, wait a second, looks like it, no" then come back and say, "we dont have this in metric" Let me see if they make a kit for it, some times they do, sometimes they dont. Anyway after relocating my signals with the Harley kit over the weekend that came with you guessed it standard steel allens to go on nice shiny chrome triple trees, I went back to a source I have for chrome hardware, sorry, chrome METRIC hardware, there is one hardware store near me, True Value, that stocks, excuse me but a BUTT LOAD of chrome fasteners, and in metric, can you believe it, of course the longer triple tree bolts I bought were $6 each, but damn do they shine, now I can sleep nights, knowing I dont have those dull steel allens on there LOL. Can anyone relate to this at all, just curious.

When I first started a few years back looking for chrome hardware I was everywhere, and chrome metric is very hard to find. Lowes, Home Depot, forget it.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I was gonna suggest TrueValue too. Guess you already knew. Thats where I go when I gotta get a chrome bolt vor the V.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Hornungs True Value in HBG is a good source, and the family that owns it would have zero issue ordering stuff in for you if you ask. Fastenal is my place of choice for the hard to find fasteners, otherwise it's stainless steel from Home Depot, OSH, ACE, or other local hardware store.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i buy SS bolts from fastenal.. best thing is they deliver to my office..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts